PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

English Football restructure

Do you support the proposed plans to amend the league pyramid?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

norky84

Patron
Would rather the big 6 just piss off into a European Super League with the other big boys from Europe.

Leave all the rest of us to enjoy an (ideally) more sustainable, competitive structure.

Never thought I would say that to be honest, but the more that goes on, the more I think it may be for the best.

Project Big Picture.

This is nothing but a power grab by the bigger clubs to make the Premier League a rich club for the elite and keep the riff raff out.

This pandemic should have been the time for football to reset and build its relationship with supporters.

Instead they do this with the full backing of the EFL.

Disgraceful.

Last edited:
Against this (obviously) however if they reduce the size of all leagues and add another division, maybe league 3, I can see the merit for those of us in the football league in as much as reducing matches played per season.

However this entire proposal is effectively the so called big clubs saying they're more important to English football than the rest of us. And that fucking stinks.

Would rather the big 6 just piss off into a European Super League with the other big boys from Europe.

Leave all the rest of us to enjoy an (ideally) more sustainable, competitive structure.

Never thought I would say that to be honest, but the more that goes on, the more I think it may be for the best.
The Sky money would follow them.

Against this (obviously) however if they reduce the size of all leagues and add another division, maybe league 3, I can see the merit for those of us in the football league in as much as reducing matches played per season.

However this entire proposal is effectively the so called big clubs saying they're more important to English football than the rest of us. And that fucking stinks.
They're not. 18 in Premier League, 24 in EFL. 17th and 18th relegated automatically from PL. 16th go into a play off with 3rd, 4th and 5th from the Championship.

Project Big Future.

This is nothing but a power grab by the bigger clubs to make the Premier League a rich club for the elite and keep the riff raff out.

This pandemic should have been the time for football to reset and build its relationship with supporters.

Instead they do this with the full backing of the EFL.

Disgraceful.
The boss of the EFL who also use to have a senior role at Liverpool!

They're not. 18 in Premier League, 24 in EFL. 17th and 18th relegated automatically from PL. 16th go into a play off with 3rd, 4th and 5th from the Championship.
I'd not seen that yet. In which case there is nothing at all to like about any of this.

You say reduced matches?

Yet players are still on the same wages, less gate income, do you really think a £400 ST x 23 games would shrink in price if it was suddenly 19 games for example?

Reduce games by scrapping Cup Replays, all Euro games H & A Knockouts instead of the crappy group stages that give teams 2 extra life's and scrap International Friendlies.

Better still, just tell the B6 (United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs) to fuck off to Europe for good.

My fear is that the Garside Dream (nightmare!) of the American system of no relegation appears next in line.

Fuck the EPL B6.

The boss of the EFL who also use to have a senior role at Liverpool!

Another EFL chairman who has zero understanding fans of the clubs he represents.

Of course it should be one club one vote.

Parry Out

I was speaking hypothetically, as this is talk of a full overhaul of the league system, IF this was to happen I'd expect pricing to have come in line accordingly eventually.

This is not going to happen though so all just hyperbole at this stage regardless.

I was speaking hypothetically, as this is talk of a full overhaul of the league system, IF this was to happen I'd expect pricing to have come in line accordingly eventually.

This is not going to happen though so all just hyperbole at this stage regardless.

You reckon?

The fact the Chairman of the EFL has done an interview backing this shows how out of touch with reality these clowns are.

Unless supporters make sure this is unacceptable to their clubs early doors the Premier League will bully this through.

First it was B teams in the EFL Cup, now its reducing the chances of clubs like ours on getting a crack at the top flight.

Next it will be B teams in the EFL.

The praynid has to be protected and not change due to blackmail by Manchester United and Liverpool.

You reckon?

The fact the Chairman of the EFL has done an interview backing this shows how out of touch with reality these clowns are.

Unless supporters make sure this is unacceptable to their clubs early doors the Premier League will bully this through.

First it was B teams in the EFL Cup, now its reducing the chances of clubs like ours on getting a crack at the top flight.

Next it will be B teams in the EFL.

The praynid has to be protected and not change due to blackmail by Manchester United and Liverpool.
I forgot to quote, I was responding to JD regarding my first post alluding to possibly adding a L3.

This proposal overall, I'm almost sure will happen.

I've just read through the full proposals, disgraceful, basically the prem want to pay off the EFL, and then close ranks.

Sides such as Preston will have very little to play for.

I'm up for a safe and socially distanced protest on Fishergate Hill.