PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ethan Walker - Carlisle Loan (Confirmed)

5 highlights, 1 of them a bit of skill and then immediately miss placing a pass, 3 a bit of skill then a 5 yard side ways pass, from 72 minutes of football

Yet still some of our fans use this video as bemoaning us losing him?

Reminds me of the highlights we saw of Keamar Daley, we thought he was a world beater from that video.

Granted to Dolan, those highlights are against Championship and Premier League sides and not in the Jamaican League but the telling fact for me is that in competitive games so far he has scored 0, assisted 0 and Rovers have lost both.

Plenty of time for him to have an impact yet but going off that showing, a lot of fancy flicks and turns with very little actual substance.

Looks like a one trick pony to be honest, skillful but that's doesnt mean he's going to be a good footballer.

Either way good luck to him, I wish we had the facilities to see if he develops into a decent footballer rather than our rivals.

5 highlights, 1 of them a bit of skill and then immediately miss placing a pass, 3 a bit of skill then a 5 yard side ways pass, from 72 minutes of football

I can't profess any great knowledge about Dolan having barely seen him play, but I was disappointed as I think most of us were to lose a young talent to local rivals, in our division no less, rather than in the past where they may have been signed up by the likes of Man Utd etc. usually in a cheap punt for them rather than anything serious.

I have no idea whether he'll really make the grade or not, but what I do sincerely hope is that Blackburn aren't using him as a PR exercise to show off how they've snapped up a talented youngster from North End to embarrass us and buoy their fans given the fact they spend god knows how much and haven't had one over us in years.

I feel like Dolan is being really pushed by the club's media team and it could all end in tears, especially once fans are back in, if he doesn't live up to the hype being created around him, bearing in mind when he was signed I think 99% of Rovers fans would've expected absolutely nothing from him this season.

Reminds me of the highlights we saw of Keamar Daley, we thought he was a world beater from that video.

Granted to Dolan, those highlights are against Championship and Premier League sides and not in the Jamaican League but the telling fact for me is that in competitive games so far he has scored 0, assisted 0 and Rovers have lost both.

Plenty of time for him to have an impact yet but going off that showing, a lot of fancy flicks and turns with very little actual substance.

Sorry mate but you’re actually judging his impact after two games, one of which he came on as a sub? This is the same kind of attitude we berate our own fans for when they rush to condemn new signings. Are you judging other Blackburn new signings by that benchmark? If so, surely most if not all fail to meet those standards.

Not really sure it proves how good or otherwise Dolan is after two (2) games. Even if it’s a rebuttal to those losing their heads over his departure, it’s still quite a tactless thing to say.

I think it’s plain to see the boy has some talent but little end product at the moment. His decision-making should get better though with more experience; all depends on whether he’s willing to do the right kind of training to improve himself. Will take at least three years I reckon before we see him make an impact at this level, if he does at all.

Not too fussed about him leaving, he didn’t want to stay anyway because we don’t have the same infrastructure as Blackburn. If he’d wanted to stay but we’d just refused to offer him a contract, then I might have been unhappy.

Sorry mate but you’re actually judging his impact after two games, one of which he came on as a sub? This is the same kind of attitude we berate our own fans for when they rush to condemn new signings. Are you judging other Blackburn new signings by that benchmark? If so, surely most if not all fail to meet those standards.

Not really sure it proves how good or otherwise Dolan is after two (2) games. Even if it’s a rebuttal to those losing their heads over his departure, it’s still quite a tactless thing to say.
I am indeed judging his impact after 2 games seeing as Blackburn fans and even the club are quick to his impact in the exact same way.

2 highlight reels and non-stop Tweeting about how he’s a world beater, on the back of the same games that I’ve pointed his stats out from. Anyone can look decent on a 2 minute YouTube clip, it’s results and quantifiable stats that matter.

And for what it’s worth I’m not judging any other Blackburn signings at all, just the one that I keep seeing mentioned daily with our clubs name attached to it, every single time.

I expect him to sign for Barcelona in the summer of 2021 to replace their own magical footed midget.

Anything less and it is going to be a major major disappointment for everyone at the Ewood Hype Machine.

I expect him to sign for Barcelona in the summer of 2021 to replace their own magical footed midget.

Anything less and it is going to be a major major disappointment for everyone at the Ewood Hype Machine.
Their PR department are doing an excellent job of winding up the idiots on Twitter that have probably never seen the lad play.

It's a huge Rovers wind-up. So, this to you over in Darwen...

giphy.gif

I don't know if Dolan will be a success or not. No-one does.

I am confident he won't be a top 15 player in the World. And there are plenty of tippy tappy flair players without an end product in the lower leagues.

But surely, for the price of a two-year contract for an 18-year-old, someone was just a little bit curious about how he might develop in the next couple of years. Especially when you look at some of the more-expensive punts we've taken on Irish and lower league players over the years.

I don't know if Dolan will be a success or not. No-one does.

I am confident he won't be a top 15 player in the World. And there are plenty of tippy tappy flair players without an end product in the lower leagues.

But surely, for the price of a two-year contract for an 18-year-old, someone was just a little bit curious about how he might develop in the next couple of years. Especially when you look at some of the more-expensive punts we've taken on Irish and lower league players over the years.

I agree. I know he's said he wasn't going to stay anyway but I think he might if we'd have included him in the 25 man squad. He's far from the finished product but for me, I'd rather see him in the squad than someone like Bodin, who has had his chances and is clearly not going to get any better.

Seriously!
Incredible logic!!
OK put it another way, how many of our u18s have played 10 championship games at 18 over the last 20 years? I bet Dolan does.

Byron Lawrence, Charlie Coulson, Paul Digby, Janaai Gordon, Reuben Noble-Lazarus, Jack Stobbs.

All played games in the championship at 16 or younger in the last 10 years. Only Paul Digby is still in the EFL with L2 Cambridge.

So rogue to suggest that just because Dolan has made a debut at age 18 that he will automatically develop into a great player