PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ethan Walker returns to PNE after loan is cancelled

Have never seen him in action.. is he good enough for the championship ??
maybe the odd cameo off the bench....

unless he matured a lot at Carlisle I wouldn't think he was ready to start very often at our level.

Unlike others seem to suggest I have never seen him play 'through the middle' - occasionally off the right wing, mainly off the left.... but he does like to come inside and shoot with his right......

As the 'star man' in the youths he rarely came back into his own half - which I presume he had to do at Carlisle!

maybe the odd cameo off the bench....

unless he matured a lot at Carlisle I wouldn't think he was ready to start very often at our level.

Unlike others seem to suggest I have never seen him play 'through the middle' - occasionally off the right wing, mainly off the left.... but he does like to come inside and shoot with his right......

As the 'star man' in the youths he rarely came back into his own half - which I presume he had to do at Carlisle!

Don’t know much about the youth squad, but would you have said the same about Dolan six months ago, would you have expected Dolan to score goals int he Championship?

Don’t know much about the youth squad, but would you have said the same about Dolan six months ago, would you have expected Dolan to score goals int he Championship?
good question..... 6 months ago I wouldnt have expected him to play in the Champ never mid score in it....

I would also have said, and still think, that Walker is a better prospect than Dolan....but Ty has taken an unexpected chance very well.

As for the Rovers, you'd have to ask rovers fans if playing TY has made them easier to beat because of the things he cant (didnt) do OR made them more likely to win because of the flair he has ?

Having not seen Ethan in his games at Carlisle I'm not sure how he has progressed 'off the ball' but I wouldnt have thought Wycombe away would be a good starting debut for him.... but we will never know.

good question..... 6 months ago I wouldnt have expected him to play in the Champ never mid score in it....

I would also have said, and still think, that Walker is a better prospect than Dolan....but Ty has taken an unexpected chance very well.

As for the Rovers, you'd have to ask rovers fans if playing TY has made them easier to beat because of the things he cant (didnt) do OR made them more likely to win because of the flair he has ?

Having not seen Ethan in his games at Carlisle I'm not sure how he has progressed 'off the ball' but I wouldnt have thought Wycombe away would be a good starting debut for him.... but we will never know.

It’s a hard choice but we always seem to come back to the big gap between youth and first team. 😟

With the higher number substitutes available, it would be nice to see some cameo appearances from Ethan in the second half of the season.