PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Euros 2020

Really think Italy are gonna win... Just a really good team. Sorry but they are definately faves in my humble opinion.
Based on last night I wouldn't have fancied Spain. We'd have seen little of the ball and possibly got dragged into our old ways.

Italy are a worrying combination of attacking quality, defensive strength and old fashioned shithousery. That said, a decent striker and Spain would have hurt them.

IF IF IF we win tonight it should be a good final - I'd have us as second favourites in football terms too although home advantage cant be ignored.

I think being North Enders we are accustomed to disappointment and things not living up to expectations.... A bit like Mrs B
I think most English football supporters are psychologically well set up for England failure. If you can't accept that then you're better off out of it!

Its the entitled brats supporting the "big 4" who get all pissy about it.

Based on last night I wouldn't have fancied Spain. We'd have seen little of the ball and possibly got dragged into our old ways.

Italy are a worrying combination of attacking quality, defensive strength and old fashioned shithousery. That said, a decent striker and Spain would have hurt them.

IF IF IF we win tonight it should be a good final - I'd have us as second favourites in football terms too although home advantage cant be ignored.
There is nothing really that worried me about either team last night
The game went to pens with neither showing greater than the other in presence and class.
And as I’ve said a few times earlier we constantly saw umpteen passes that were all very lovely to watch that ultimately came to nothing.
We walk into tonight with no goals conceded, with a 4-0 win under our belts and with a fantastic team spirit, not a team built around a couple of individuals such as France and Portugal as examples
Get past tonight and there’s absolutely no reason we cannot win this

Jesus, this is from a guy who said we’d “smash the Jerries ” several days before the game. For the record in 60 years I’ve never met an England fan who was confident of winning anything, “England are just like North End“ being the usual mantra, “they never fail to disappoint”. It’s usually people who don’t like England who claim we are arrogant, it’s just a standard phrase they come out with. The only people who have been arrogant in this tourney are the Jocks, who admitted they under estimated the Croatians.
I can’t win, I get slagged off for being pessimistic and then when I confidently state that we will smash the Gerries , I get equally criticised.

I'd rather just play Grealish over Mount if we need that!
I imagine we'll be playing slightly more pressing, controlled game and I believe that when it comes to this, Southgate prefers Mount with Grealish then coming on later to take creative control when the opposition legs and heads are tiring, very much like the circumstances he came on vs Germany. We all know by now that GS prefers a patient, controlled game plan and I can't see that changing tonight hence why I think the creativity will need to come from the flanks in Shaw, Sterling and Sancho (if he plays)

I imagine we'll be playing slightly more pressing, controlled game and I believe that when it comes to this, Southgate prefers Mount with Grealish then coming on later to take creative control when the opposition legs and heads are tiring, very much like the circumstances he came on vs Germany. We all know by now that GS prefers a patient, controlled game plan and I can't see that changing tonight hence why I think the creativity will need to come from the flanks in Shaw, Sterling and Sancho (if he plays)

Saka deserves to start after his two starts so far. Sancho deserves to start after his performance last game. I don’t think starting one or the other weakens us.

People keep on forgetting we have a bench and arguably players coming off the bench are more important than the ones who start.

This isn’t like North End were the manager starts Maguire yet again and changes it after 70 minutes bringing on Sinclair. These are class players with differing qualities and sancho/saka/grealish/foden/mount/sterling all have a case to start. The bench is our biggest asset for me and is likely what will win the game.