Euros 2021 Sweepstake

TB1

Forum Patron
Patron
Come on Pne-gaz, I'm praying for you to win it.
I lined up on Deepdale Road in 64 for the return of PNE after the West Ham defeat and then England last won in 1966, I'm passionate has a PNE, England fan to win a major trophy. Come on England 🇫🇴

OP
LostinSpace

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
@Double J, @Lord Edgington, @JK, @Mancunian White, @Funky Monk, @keasden, @Alpine White, @norfolk white, @trucker white, @jakehake, @mapping, @HunterLionheart, @Snicky, @Pne_Gaz, @pne-del, @TB1, @napolibill, @NRWLilyWhite, @Guinness, @MBcha

We need to decide which charity we're donating to. Please could you nominate a charity which benefits Preston and the people of Preston by midday on Monday and I'll organise a vote between the sweepstake players to decide which one. I'm nominating luvpreston.com.

mapping

Forum Patron
Patron
@Double J, @Lord Edgington, @JK, @Mancunian White, @Funky Monk, @keasden, @Alpine White, @norfolk white, @trucker white, @jakehake, @mapping, @HunterLionheart, @Snicky, @Pne_Gaz, @pne-del, @TB1, @napolibill, @NRWLilyWhite, @Guinness, @MBcha

We need to decide which charity we're donating to. Please could you nominate a charity which benefits Preston and the people of Preston by midday on Monday and I'll organise a vote between the sweepstake players to decide which one. I'm nominating luvpreston.com.
Just off the top of my head :

Salvation Army food bank , harrington st , preston , worked with these guys before and they do great work

St Catherine's hospice: Have volunteered for these before, tbh my experience of volunteering was not great, but the care side is absolutely amazing !!!!!!!! (mother still volunteers now)

Foxton Centre: donated to these guys and got shown around. Great people doing great work.

Just my 2p worth (y)

edit: If there are any mental health charities local I would be right behind them !

mapping

Forum Patron
Patron
With my job I have been to Westphalia about 50 times over the years to a little town called Meinerzhagen which is about 60 KM from Cologne....

It is a lovely part of the world - I was particularly fond of the Krombacher Pils.....
Sorry to always be the one to go off topic, but, have you tried any decent reds recently Ando ?

Pne_Gaz

Forum Patron
Patron
Honestly, I'm open to whatever others want. I never actually lived near Preston (Huddersfield area all my life and Salford for Uni) so don't know much of the charity work that goes on there, happy to defer to what people feel is best.

Lord Edgington

Forum Patron
Patron
I’m presuming you guys are giving some to charity ?
If so then we’ll done all. A lovely gesture, I did it on the last one and it’s a nice feeling for everyone involved
Much better than our donations for season tickets where we get so little fulfilment

Lord Edgington

Forum Patron
Patron
Yes, we held back some of the prize money for a donation.
Brilliant
May I make a suggestion
We had a thing some time ago about a season ticket which I think I suggested god love me for someone who it would mean a lot too.
How about a shirt or a ticket to someone who may really appreciate it

norfolk white

Staff member
Patron
I'm similar to Pne_Gaz in that I have never lived that close to Preston (Nether Kellet, Ingleton, Langcliffe before moving to the Doncaster area and now the Norfolk/Suffolk coastal area) so don't know much of the charity work that goes on there, and I am also happy to defer to what people feel is best.

Mancunian White

Forum Patron
Patron

Put my vote on Foxton Centre or St Catherine's. Massive respect for both.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Sorry to always be the one to go off topic, but, have you tried any decent reds recently Ando ?
I’m a creature of habit Mapping and I do like Cotes Du Rhone but I did have a nice red at the weekend - Pillastro which is a Primitovo that we got from Laithwaites…