Euxton Training Ground

rem

Forum Patron
Patron
Clearly everything is ultimately interlinked and part of the wider fabric of the club, and the training ground is a long-standing issue on this forum. But the Euxton thing matters not one jot at the moment, so using it to placate anyone is just ham-fisted thinking. UNLESS - it's a joint-announcement with 2 star strikers and 4 contract extensions.

The current barometer of fans is 1) season tickets 2) signings. Where those lads train on a rainy Tuesday morning is nothing to do with this current height of feeling.
It does matter but perhaps not as much as 1 and 2

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
It does matter but perhaps not as much as 1 and 2
But how sad. If they feel their hand has been forced (by their own cockup) - to bring forward the announcement to 'placate the fans'.

Using it in a negative situation, rather than its own positive fanfare.

Can't imagine it'll make TH feel particularly festive about the whole thing.

Pilot

Forum Patron
Patron
I think Trev will already be discovering the cheapest and most tax effective way of getting the Ingol training ground back. Then he can build houses on it.

Bought it for tuppence ha penny years ago and let it go to ruin. Sell a load for houses and sell the training ground for £1.5 million. Get the training ground back on the cheap and make millions putting houses on it.....
There won’t be permission for houses on the training ground site. What does it matter how much he buys it back for as its all his money anyway? In the unlikely event the club makes a loss on it then TH will have to fund the loss anyway.

I have a nagging feeling that the Euxton training ground is PRIME commuter belt house building land and will end up being an extension of Buckshaw. Yes TH may be buying it bit is it for PNE? Hope I am wrong as I feel it would be an excellent training base for us and I wouldn’t want to see us lose yet another great local sporting facility to developers

baysidepne

Manager
Think I read somewhere Euxton likely to be announced/completed on 1st Sept to suffice a Wigan issue regarding payroll for the month (tomorrow).

Can anyone clarify that?

Schemer

Forum Patron
Patron
I have a nagging feeling that the Euxton training ground is PRIME commuter belt house building land and will end up being an extension of Buckshaw. Yes TH may be buying it bit is it for PNE? Hope I am wrong as I feel it would be an excellent training base for us and I wouldn’t want to see us lose yet another great local sporting facility to developers
Now that really would put the cat among the pigeons! 😊

kbd_pne

Forum Patron
Patron
Think I read somewhere Euxton likely to be announced/completed on 1st Sept to suffice a Wigan issue regarding payroll for the month (tomorrow).

Can anyone clarify that?
It’s ours from tomorrow.

It’s been bought and will be used as a training ground.

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner
It is slightly out of the way with the college being in the middle but I must admit this crossed my mind as well.