PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Euxton Training Ground

oliharg

Club Legend
Just seen this on Twitter as someone has found this in the paper.

Could make a lot of sense if we was to buy it, can anyone confirm if this is true perhaps?

No way will we buy a training ground when Hemmings can get one for almost free in a couple of years.

Probably a heavily revised down, not a particularly good one mind.

Weren't the old Pontins head offices near there? Wouldn't surprise me if he owns a lot of the surrounding land

Put new planning application in for more houses on ingol more profit, buy Wigan’s training ground at a knockdown price spend a tenner on a new striker owner very happy .

It’s probably just recycled news from when we looked at it when Bolton were selling it.
but it does make sense to buy a purpose built TG than pay for developing one.....

Wigan have Robyn Park as well for their academy and so could probably do without their 'new TG' @ Euxton.....

Am I right in thinking Wigan outbid TH last time ?

It certainly does make sense, I think you are right on Wigan outbidding us before, TH will love to buy something for fraction of what he nearly paid before. Bolton sold it for £2.2m

It would make absolute sense to take it.

It will be going for a fraction of what Wigan paid given their circumstances, it’s a massive step up from what we currently have, Hemmings has his Euxton ties and a lot of the players live practically next door on Buckshaw and Wigan Road.

My only worry would be that we see our already limited transfer budget reduced as a result of purchase.