PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Euxton Training Ground

It would make absolute sense to take it.

It will be going for a fraction of what Wigan paid given their circumstances, it’s a massive step up from what we currently have, Hemmings has his Euxton ties and a lot of the players live practically next door on Buckshaw and Wigan Road.

My only worry would be that we see our already limited transfer budget reduced as a result of purchase.
It would mean Hemmings could sell off the Ingol land? Wouldn’t that re-coup some of the money he’d spend on Euxton?

It would mean Hemmings could sell off the Ingol land? Wouldn’t that re-coup some of the money he’d spend on Euxton?
The club owns the training ground land but it is only worth what the club paid Hemmings for it due to the planning permission for a training complex.

Realistically we could only sell the land to another club to get anywhere near the rate.

The accomodation area is undoubtedly superior to Springies, is the actual outdoor area any better?

training ground.png

The price of a training ground from a club in administration may be too much of a bargain for Trevor to overlook.....I’m not even sure he would keep it as a training ground.🏠

Not anymore, he sold up and moved out some time ago, his old manor has now been redeveloped into a luxury housing estate.
Not quite finished in Euxton yet. Still has house,/offices, farm [stables], practice race track, fields and of course the heli-pad. Just redeveloped the old stud farm buildings and land with the self build 'posh' plots. Helicopter in and out quite often

The accomodation area is undoubtedly superior to Springies, is the actual outdoor area any better?

View attachment 1298
The site as a whole is 16,000 sq m smaller than Springies, 9 acres compared to 13 acres. While undoubtedly better than Springies, the accomodation area doesn't seem to be anything special, the size of it alone means there's no indoor training facility, which is one of the things we lack, and would have at Ingol. Personally I wouldn't be particularly keen on us moving outside the city either.

Would like to see us amend the plans at Ingol, if and when it gets built, to include something like this https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0723/1155185-gaa-dome/

That cost €3m (£2.8m), but even a full sized football pitch would only need to be 60% of the size, based on that could probably be built for around £2m. Might be a lot of money but it would give us a full size indoor training pitch that could be used year round and completely private too, no need to worry about anyone watching training.

You'd think so wouldn't you, but it's very difficult to see his long term plan for PNE.

You do wonder why he keeps ploughing in £600k + every month. If PNE is a drain on his resources, why is he doing this? He doesn't strike you as the kind of bloke who would be sentimental about his local football club, but then none of us know him personally (not that I'm aware of).

The endless and increasing £600k + each month begs another question: why not go the extra step to attempt to secure promotion? Just a guess, but maybe because the Premier League really is a different level financially speaking and that £600k + could quickly become millions each month?

As fans most of us just look at is as 'let's get promoted, take the £90+ million, enjoy our season in the limelight and retreat with our tail between our legs'. But it doesn't work like that in reality. It can be done though, as other clubs have proved. Money talks, you do need a benefactor and we have one.

So as you intimate, if TH is so good at planning ahead then why does there not appear to be a realistic plan for PNE to achieve promotion?

Regarding the training ground, really we should do what we were supposed to do and create the training ground on Walker Lane. I would be totally against houses going on that land.

Last edited:
You do wonder why he keeps ploughing in £600k + every month. If PNE is a drain on his resources, why is he doing this? He doesn't strike you as the kind of bloke who would be sentimental about his local football club, but then none of us know him personally (not that I'm aware of).

The endless and increasing £600k + each month begs another question: why not go the extra step to attempt to secure promotion? Just a guess, but maybe because the Premier League really is a different level financially speaking and that £600k + could quickly become millions each month?

As fans most of us just look at is as 'let's get promoted, take the £90+ million, enjoy our season in the limelight and retreat with our tail between our legs'. But it doesn't work like that in reality. It can be done though, as other clubs have proved. Money talks, you do need a benefactor and we have one.

So as you intimate, if TH is so good at planning ahead then why does there not appear to be a realistic plan for PNE to achieve promotion?

Regarding the training ground, really we should do what we were supposed to do and create the training ground on Walker Lane. I would be totally against houses going on that land.

For him right now it's a relatively low cost access to immense social capital in the city, with the ability to leverage it into contacts in all sorts of areas. Such as, for instance, land for housing developments. And if we ever fluke PL football, he hits a jackpot.

Not quite finished in Euxton yet. Still has house,/offices, farm [stables], practice race track, fields and of course the heli-pad. Just redeveloped the old stud farm buildings and land with the self build 'posh' plots. Helicopter in and out quite often
I've not seen the helicopter for some time, I used to see it every day departing for the i.o.m