PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ex-PNE gear you now own

the12thman

Patron
Just going through my “box of shit” (as the missus refers to it - she’s a dick at times) and came across a few PNE items that I’d acquired from players over the years:
- Jonny Macken’s training kit from about 2001 (made by Bloggs, all number 17)
- Ricardo Gardner’s tracksuit from his loan period
- Part of the number of the shirt worn by Paul Raynor in the historic 4-1 semi final victory over Torquay (this is my favourite item and goes well with the strip of the pitch that I got on the same night).

A pretty paltry collection, given almost 30 years of being a season ticket holder. What have the rest of you managed to get hold of over the years?

My son once had his photo published in 'Shoot' magazine with David Nugent. It was just after Nuge scored for England. Still have the magazine, but have nothing kit-wise, though my lads still have their old various children's PNE kits up in the attic. They also have loads of selfies with players from that era and a signed ball but most of the signatures are barely visible now.

Astro Turf.
Bobby Mimms Players Season Ticket and ( I think) Car Pass.
A fully signed squad 2005 home shirt given to me by a random person.
Lee Ashcrofts *8 Yellow shirt.
Not sure if I still have Nogans shirt. Just looked, I don't have it. The Name / Number was peeling off so I must have binned it.

Not sure if I have owt else.

My son once had his photo published in 'Shoot' magazine with David Nugent. It was just after Nuge scored for England. Still have the magazine, but have nothing kit-wise, though my lads still have their old various children's PNE kits up in the attic. They also have loads of selfies with players from that era and a signed ball but most of the signatures are barely visible now.
Not sure if PNE gear related but I do have two medals from playing in schoolboy cup finals at Deepdale (Dawson Cup and Ord Cup) back in the 70s. (Both runners-up unfortunately). One presented by Mick Baxter.

My son was mascot around 97 for a midweek match v sheff utd. Went in dressing room with him got signed programme ayres, gregan, moyes, mckenna etc etc.... We won too so a good night....

Nuge's training coat from his 1st spell - signed on his 2nd spell
Lonners keeping gloves
Tye Mears shirt
Jonny Macken 17 shirt
Lee Holmes remembrance day Shirt
Ryan Ledsons shirt
Various kick it out tops
loads of photo's with players and managers with my kids at Springfields
Signed balls and programmes from being mascots at Rotherham; Hull; notts Forest and home to Everton.

I only have a number of old shirts I wore "BAXI" and Wembley ones etc, due to covid and lockdown they won't fit me now, My son has a the England cricket training suit of Andrew Flintoff in pale green with ASDA on the back ! its longer than the bloody wardrobe ! This dates from about 2009 ish, we also have a montage of Flintoff's best bits in a personally signed frame, and I have a lovely framed pic of Sir Tom and "the Splash" when it was my sons birth in 2005.

I’ve got a similar story Harry... when David Nugent was picked to play for England , the LEP did a photo shoot of Nuge and my daughter with the theme being two people from Preston who both represented England at Football....

It was really good and they took lots of different photos of them in the stand, on the pitch, doing “ keepie uppies “

Sadly I have misplaced the photos , never to be seen again.....

I’ve got a similar story Harry... when David Nugent was picked to play for England , the LEP did a photo shoot of Nuge and my daughter with the theme being two people from Preston who both represented England at Football....

It was really good and they took lots of different photos of them in the stand, on the pitch, doing “ keepie uppies “

Sadly I have misplaced the photos , never to be seen again.....
The LEP might be able to track them down, Ando.

This is not about me but my brother..... we used to have an old PNE programme probably from about 1963/4 with a photo of my brother at the annual Christmas party surrounded by PNE players of the time - I seem to remember Howard Kendall was one of them..

Managed to get my old Newreg shirt signed by Sir Tom Finney and most of the players in that time frame as a young lad back then - think I've even got Derek Shaw's signature which might actually reduce its value.

Signed PNE Football with the players from the 2005 play off final squad.

Signed autobiography by Sir Tom.

Paul McKenna testimonial shirt with his signature on the back

A massive collection of matchday programmes - I used to collect them every matchday back in the early 2000's (Billy Davies and Simpson era). I also inherited my Granddad's collection after he passed away in October 2004. A lot of these are from the period when Bobby Charlton was manager and after.

Not PNE related, but I also have a lot of collectible Cigarette pack Football cards my Granddad must have collected as a youngster that they used to put with the cigarette packs. Teams/players on them from the 50's, 60's and 70's I think. Not sure if they're worth anything but they're worth a lot for sentimental reasons.

I have a baxi shirt signed from the 2000 winning championship team,

Also have a signed Erik Meijer shirt (not sure if I want to admit having his shirt 🤣)

Jonny Macken signed my old pne shirt from when I was younger.

But the best of all is a signed photo from Sir Tom, that had me, Sir Tom, Moysey, and my Uncle in the picture.

Managed to get my old Newreg shirt signed by Sir Tom Finney and most of the players in that time frame as a young lad back then - think I've even got Derek Shaw's signature which might actually reduce its value.

Signed PNE Football with the players from the 2005 play off final squad.

Signed autobiography by Sir Tom.

Paul McKenna testimonial shirt with his signature on the back

A massive collection of matchday programmes - I used to collect them every matchday back in the early 2000's (Billy Davies and Simpson era). I also inherited my Granddad's collection after he passed away in October 2004. A lot of these are from the period when Bobby Charlton was manager and after.

Not PNE related, but I also have a lot of collectible Cigarette pack Football cards my Granddad must have collected as a youngster that they used to put with the cigarette packs. Teams/players on them from the 50's, 60's and 70's I think. Not sure if they're worth anything but they're worth a lot for sentimental reasons.
That’s a really good stash MC....

im sure if you ever decided to sell then you would make a few bob..

Nice memories though...

Also have a signed Erik Meijer shirt (not sure if I want to admit having his shirt 🤣)

Good to read you've come out 😂. I have a game worn Erik Meijer (red away) shirt and it's framed (y). Also...

One of Moysie's blue training tops
Baz Rathbone's training top and trackie bottoms
Paul McKenna's game worn away yellow shirt 2001 (long sleeved (y))
Adam Eaton's shirt from Cardiff 2001
Greegs game worn blue away shirt 2000
Kevin Gallacher shirt from 2000
Coloroll (Beckham) shirt signed by Beck & Co
Ernie's shirt that he wore in our 5000th league game against Derby