PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ex PNE player Ryan Croasdale and AFC Fylde

It wasn't though was it? I know a driving instructor who has gone working as a delivery driver for asda,I know another family member who was furloughed and went delivery driving for amazon,I'm sure the fylde owner would have employed his wife as a packer instead of the player if they had requested it

and there lies the answer, live within your means I would wager that many footballers don't. You said if one of Haythornwaites account execs was asked/told to take a 20% pay cut what would they do, well there must be plenty of these jobs floating about so no real problem then, or maybe there are not so many of these types of jobs floating about!!!

Strange times we are living in, living within your means is the only way forward, taking extra jobs and doing all you can to manage through is the best way, don't rely on others/your company just to keep on paying what they used to be able to do.
Thing is Billy one of the main benefits of getting a payrise is that you can afford nicer things, you can buy a bigger house or a newer car and you may still be within your means.

That doesn't mean that you can afford a 20% pay cut.

The problem for me seems to be that people are lumping this lad in with footballers much higher up the pyramid. If he had been on a wage similar to even what the North End players get paid I would have a lot less sympathy for his situation.

At my current salary level I could afford a 20% temporary pay cut and just had to make cuts to my food shop and leisure activities. When I go up to the next grade in April it would be a lot harder to cover that loss.

It is all relative. The fact that the lad seems to have found himself a club that are happy to pay the wage he needs/wants negates his requirement to seek additional employment and when all is said and done he isnt the one that has committed breach of contract.

It wasn't though was it? I know a driving instructor who has gone working as a delivery driver for asda,I know another family member who was furloughed and went delivery driving for amazon,I'm sure the fylde owner would have employed his wife as a packer instead of the player if they had requested it
The Fylde owners wife would have been cruising around the med on their private yacht. She would have been nowhere near their factories.

Yes, but (if we believe Fylde and I’m inclined to because they surely wouldn’t be so stupid to publicly announce a load of lies) he was offered to chance to make up his usual wage and even exceed it. I am sure that your lowly warehouse packer would have jumped at the chance to do that. And there lies the difference.

As an aside, at £10 an hour, the 'lowly warehouse packer' is on more than most care workers who have been putting their own and their families' health at risk these past six months - and continue to do so.

Thing is Billy one of the main benefits of getting a payrise is that you can afford nicer things, you can buy a bigger house or a newer car and you may still be within your means.

That doesn't mean that you can afford a 20% pay cut.

The problem for me seems to be that people are lumping this lad in with footballers much higher up the pyramid. If he had been on a wage similar to even what the North End players get paid I would have a lot less sympathy for his situation.

At my current salary level I could afford a 20% temporary pay cut and just had to make cuts to my food shop and leisure activities. When I go up to the next grade in April it would be a lot harder to cover that loss.

It is all relative. The fact that the lad seems to have found himself a club that are happy to pay the wage he needs/wants negates his requirement to seek additional employment and when all is said and done he isnt the one that has committed breach of contract.
Its hard to make a comment like this without sounding judgemental but.......

What on earth happened to the old fashioned concept of having a, "Rainy day Account?"

Instead what Im seeing people do as their income rises is taking on ever larger mortgages, 2 kids and buying 5 bed houses, why?

Yes theyre doing it within their means but anyone with even half a brain would realise that times, right now, are very strange and the days of jobs for life are all but behind us. As you say a 20% cut and suddenly theyre in the shit.

As for footballers? One mistimed tackle and youre done.

What on earth happened to the old fashioned concept of having a, "Rainy day Account?"

Instead what Im seeing people do as their income rises is taking on ever larger mortgages, 2 kids and buying 5 bed houses, why?

Yes theyre doing it within their means but anyone with even half a brain would realise that times, right now, are very strange and the days of jobs for life are all but behind us. As you say a 20% cut and suddenly theyre in the shit.

There is more than a possibility he was exaggerating his position to ensure he got his wish.

As an aside, and I know it’s still a wage cut, the cut would have been around £120 per week rather than the £190 quoted figure once tax and NI deductions had been taken. Presumably he wasn’t travelling to and from work, no wear and tear on the car etc and the assertion he couldn’t cope becomes a less plausible assertion.

Maybe he should ask the government to make up his shortfall like they’re doing with the queen?

Interestingly, the link to the statement no longer works - seems it's been taken down.

that’s fairly (unfairly) generalised. Millions of people probably wish they had money left to save each month but cost of living is outstripping wage growth and has done for some time. People with financial security seem to be blinded to the reality of millions of other lives. For every person you think is buying a big TV beyond their means their is another turning up at a good bank. I know you don’t think like that but it reads fairly dismissively to me sorry(Korol will like the post I’m sure!)

that’s fairly (unfairly) generalised. Millions of people probably wish they had money left to save each month but cost of living is outstripping wage growth and has done for some time. People with financial security seem to be blinded to the reality of millions of other lives. For every person you think is buying a big TV beyond their means their is another turning up at a good bank. I know you don’t think like that but it reads fairly dismissively to me sorry(Korol will like the post I’m sure!)
I agree and its why I put what I did at the beginning.

And thats the worrying thing, Jake, I fear theres so many whove turned blind eyes who are about to find out what Universal Credit is all about.

As an aside, at £10 an hour, the 'lowly warehouse packer' is on more than most care workers who have been putting their own and their families' health at risk these past six months - and continue to do so.
Correct. Although I’m not sure what your point is and why you’ve directed it my way.

Correct. Although I’m not sure what your point is and why you’ve directed it my way.

Not directed your way, simply commenting on the fact that even the comparatively low-paid warehouse packer earns more than most care workers.

Sorry, it had nothing to do with the thread really - as I said, it was an aside.

Absolutely Raef. Look at a lot of youngsters these days. How many would settle for inheriting their dad's old banger like we did when they pass their driving tests? They all seem to want new swish cars and these days, finance options are thrown at them and its very much a 'give it me now' society that we seem to be in. We had our 3 bed detached house up for sale a couple of years ago that we have brought our family up in, and we were getting young couples with no kids coming to view it then saying it was too small!

He has been asked to drop from £49k a year to £39k a year. It's more than a lot of people will earn but these aren't astronomic figures.

How many of your households have more than that coming in each year and could afford to lose 20% of it?

This is a non league football player not a premiership player earning his annual salary each week
Had a roughly 50% drop in income at our house since March. One business mothballed and the rent / finance keeping it on life support being paid half by me and half by other business partner.

PAYE job keeping the wolf from the door, but it’s only 3 days a week with no extra hours or days available. Replaced the mothballed business days worked per week by working Self Employed on a farm 3/4 days a week to cover some of the shortfall. Cloth cut accordingly on outgoings, pension contributions slashed, mortgage overpayments halted. Discretionary spending vastly, vastly reduced. Other half managed to get 2 days overtime in Sept so that helps a little.

So I don’t have any sympathy for Croasdale claiming severe financial hardship etc when he has refused the offer of extra work from Haythornthwaite to boost his earnings. That doesn’t mean that I agree with how Fylde have acted in the slightest. But the offer was there to earn extra money, to prevent the financial hardship Croasdale claims to be suffering. He refused that offer.