Extinction Rebellion, the return of the great unwashed.

Extinction Rebellion

• Genuine people concerned solely with the future of our planet?

• An Anti-Capitalist movement using the fear of children to drive their agenda?

• A bunch of arseholes whose tactics are driving away people who could otherwise support them?

• All of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

MJB

Forum Patron
Patron
Now the Great Unwashed are back on the streets of London, how genuine are they?

edgy

Forum Patron
Patron
Option 4
They don't half get in the way when you are busy away trying to get on with your work in the city

Mer5eywhite

Forum Patron
Patron
They're 100% right about:

1. Plastic in the oceans.
2. Loss of natural habitat including rainforests.

They're on softer ground with:

1. Causes of global warming.

I really wish they would mention the elephant in the room:

1. Population
... but Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Don't say anything. Without population growth the global economy is fucked.

Heads in the fucking sand, all of us!

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
I really wish they would mention the elephant in the room:

1. Population
... but Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Don't say anything. Without population growth the global economy is fucked.

Heads in the fucking sand, all of us!
I've seen you make this point population before, as though you're the only one who's thought of it!!

Have you actually read up on Extinction Rebellion's thoughts and values? First sentence in the intro on their website (and their widely-known ethos) says that they are not here to protect the global economy "The air we breathe, the water we drink, the earth we plant in, the food we eat, and the beauty and diversity of nature that nourishes our psychological well-being, all are being corrupted and compromised by the political and economic systems that promote and support our modern, consumer-focussed lifestyles. "

Anyway, it isn't an elephant in the room. Population growth is widely acknowledged as a leading cause of global warming- for rather obvious reasons.

OP
M

MJB

Forum Patron
Patron
Glad to see this being brought up without a loaded question. I wonder just how angry MJB gets about a young Scandinavian girl who wants a better world to live in.
Not angry about Greta Thunberg in the slightest.

I’m massively concerned about the fact that her fear and her Aspergers are being weaponised by a bunch of anti-Capitalists.

Last edited:

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Not angry about Greta Thunderbird in the slightest.

I’m massively concerned about the fact that her fear and her Aspergers are being weaponised by a bunch of anti-Capitalists.
Glad to see you so concerned for her well-being

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Not angry about Greta Thunderbird in the slightest.

Hey, what’s a few degrees anyway? Where I am it’s 3C warmer today than yesterday and the world hasn’t ended.

Project Fear all over again.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Hey, what’s a few degrees anyway? Where I am it’s 3C warmer today than yesterday and the world hasn’t ended.

It's all a myth. How can we have global warming when the earth is flat and was only created 6000 years ago

Hogie4a

Youth Team
In the early 60's I suddenly became aware of the exhaust of a car.
Oxygen went in the front end and 'not' oxygen came out the back.
How many cars do we need before all the oxygen is gone. OK, oxygen is being replenished all the time. But the question haunted me.

Shortly afterwards and older lad in the next street collared me to hand out pamphlets - about car exhausts etc - coincidence or what.
I handed them out and stuck them under wiper blades - 100's of the buggers.
I didn't even think about cows farting in a field let alone the population geared on self extinction.

If I had these thoughts the as sure as eggs is eggs the great and good in the various governments around the world also had these thoughts.
The greenies stopped/slowed down Nuclear in the UK - we are now suffering from their actions.

Money, power, ego have a lot to answer for. But should we stifle progress when an answer will almost certainly be found for our problems in the future.

Roger

OP
M

MJB

Forum Patron
Patron
Glad to see you so concerned for her well-being
Are you not concerned?

The poor girl was distraught at the UN last week, she looked petrified. Why place a 16 year old girl with Aspergers in that position?

OP
M

MJB

Forum Patron
Patron

I'm all for trying to do something for the future of our planet, I just don't think she should be exploited as she is.