Extinction Rebellion, the return of the great unwashed.

Extinction Rebellion

• Genuine people concerned solely with the future of our planet?

• An Anti-Capitalist movement using the fear of children to drive their agenda?

• A bunch of arseholes whose tactics are driving away people who could otherwise support them?

• All of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

truenorthender

Advisor to the Owner
Warnings today of the collapse of bumble bee populations around the world as a direct result of climate change.

Might sound trivial to some but they are one of the key pollinators of our crops worldwide and this loss puts global food production and supplies at risk.

Take note guys.
They've been saying this for about 3 years. This time might be different tho. Bad stuff. Direct result of the earths climate changing like it has always done and another extinction like has always happened.

26-0

Advisor to the Owner
They've been saying this for about 3 years. This time might be different tho. Bad stuff. Direct result of the earths climate changing like it has always done and another extinction like has always happened.
Yes, of course the impending threat to the world’s food supplies is trivial to people like you. No surprise.

I’ll take notice of what the educated scientists say.

truenorthender

Advisor to the Owner
Yes, of course the impending threat to the world’s food supplies is trivial to people like you.

I’ll take notice of what the educated scientists say.
It's not trivial and I know how important in the chain of things bees are but I've seen this story about 15 times over the past 5 years. Can't blame me for thinking it's just another story that leads to nothing (hopefully). To many stories in the news to that are there to make us fear things. Fear nothing brotherlove. if we go extinct maybe we was supposed too :)

Hogie4a

Youth Team
When PNE were last in the top flight I was an 11 year old twerp.

I often looked at car exhaust pipes and wondered how much oxygen we had left. Those early car exhausts were mucky things, unlike now.
We still had steam engines etc but they were OK because I liked them !!!

A friend somehow recruited me to put leaflets under car wiper blades warning the drivers that we were all doomed.
I must have put out 100's if not 1000's of leaflets.
My friend was probably part of a bigger group of early day anarchists.

I was probably one of the first eco-warriors (where's Swampy when you need him). Did it do any good - Not in the slightest.
It took another 20+ years for the exhausts to get cleaner. But n the mean time 10's of Millions of cars were made.

Now we have young Greta. No leaflets but media, bigtime

Rebellion is not new. It responds to voids to be filled to put over a message.

Time for more pills

Roger

truenorthender

Advisor to the Owner
Ok Jake the snake Roberts me and you will have a side bet about if bees will be around in 10 years ? 50 p.. scientists say all sorts of things that turn out to be bollocks . Science is constantly evolving and just because somebody is a scientist it doesn't mean you need to bow down like a caveman. Plenty of shill scientists out there.. wake up ballbag

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Ok Jake the snake Roberts me and you will have a side bet about if bees will be around in 10 years ? 50 p.. scientists say all sorts of things that turn out to be bollocks . Science is constantly evolving and just because somebody is a scientist it doesn't mean you need to bow down like a caveman. Plenty of shill scientists out there.. wake up ballbag
The irony.

Of course there will be bees in a decade. Will the ecosystem be the same if we carry on as is. No. Do small changes add up into a bigger change over time. Yes. Doesn't need a scientist to tell me that, nor to ignore the facts that ignoring stuff doesn't make it go away

truenorthender

Advisor to the Owner
The irony.

Of course there will be bees in a decade. Will the ecosystem be the same if we carry on as is. No. Do small changes add up into a bigger change over time. Yes. Doesn't need a scientist to tell me that, nor to ignore the facts that ignoring stuff doesn't make it go away
That's right. But we are native to this planet and a legitimate part of it, if we are doing too much damage there will be an extinction event for humanity. Mother earth has her own way of shedding the shite off her. I think something is going to slow us down soon enough anyway. Probably climate change 😂 I'm not a denier I just think it's used for political gain and to scare people.. the cattle need to be in a perpetual state of worry in order to be subverted lol... I might grab a daily star later so I can be told that killer spiders are lose in the UK and I should be worried.

portisheadpete

Advisor to the Owner
Warnings today of the collapse of bumble bee populations around the world as a direct result of climate change.

Might sound trivial to some but they are one of the key pollinators of our crops worldwide and this loss puts global food production and supplies at risk.

Take note guys.
This brought to mind a day coming back on the top deck of the school bus 45 years ago. There was this huge bumble bee generally minding its business buzzing back and forth at the front. Halfway down the bus was a young woman sporting a massive frizzy perm. The bee starting a flight down one side of the bus and as it was passing overhead did a 90 ° dive right into her hair. A split second later the poor woman went absolutely berserk wrestling one a natures beauties from the depths. It made me wonder whether a similar event might knock some sense into Trump. His barnet would prove irresistable and it would be a fitting retort from nature to his global vandalism

26-0

Advisor to the Owner
It's not trivial and I know how important in the chain of things bees are but I've seen this story about 15 times over the past 5 years. Can't blame me for thinking it's just another story that leads to nothing (hopefully). To many stories in the news to that are there to make us fear things. Fear nothing brotherlove. if we go extinct maybe we was supposed too :)
You’ve heard the “story” before because of the massive decline in numbers that’s already taken place due to pesticides and loss of habitat. That’s already happened. There was no fearmongering involved as you imply.

Scientists have now discovered more huge losses across continents as a direct result of human caused climate change. So an already depleted number is now being decimated once again by our actions.

Once we’ve destroyed the bees and other pollinating insects (all of which are struggling) how will our crops be pollinated?
What happens to us all once we’ve continued down our over-consumption, wasteful, climate change denying path and our food sources dwindle?

John T

Manager

Take note guys.
NO it doesn’t sound trivial at all

But what I have said before and will keep repeating
It matters very little what a relatively small Country and population (and I don't think we are actually doing to bad) do, if far larger Counties like the USA Russia India and China are not doing their bit
Some on here would have us back to the Horse and Cart (no doubt waving a red flag to boot) has a gesture, while other Counties surge ahead economically
Makes no sense to me

Winkytinky

Forum Patron
Patron

It matters very little what a relatively small Country and population (and I don't think we are actually doing to bad) do, if far larger Counties like the USA Russia India and China are not doing their bit
Some on here would have us back to the Horse and Cart (no doubt waving a red flag to boot) has a gesture, while other Counties surge ahead economically
Makes no sense to me

26-0

Advisor to the Owner

Makes no sense to me
Yes John of course you’re right again.

Let’s carry on pouring poisons on our own crops, destroying our own pollinating insects and soil (and harming consumers in the process) stick to our wasteful, throwaway lifestyles and pressure our own Government to ignore the climate crisis which is already badly affecting many parts of our country and will only get far, far worse as each year passes.

God forbid we should have a Government at the forefront of technology and the transition from fossil fuels and a cleaner safer world for us all. Let’s wait until all of the other nations harness the technology and gain the advantage on us and leave us behind in our outdated, unprofitable, smoggy world devoid of other life and the means to produce our own food.

Rule f*ckin Britannia!

John T

Manager
Yes John of course you’re right again.

Let’s carry on pouring poisons on our own crops, destroying our own pollinating insects and soil (and harming consumers in the process) stick to our wasteful, throwaway lifestyles and pressure our own Government to ignore the climate crisis which is already badly affecting many parts of our country and will only get far, far worse as each year passes.

God forbid we should have a Government at the forefront of technology and the transition from fossil fuels and a cleaner safer world for us all. Let’s wait until all of the other nations harness the technology and gain the advantage on us and leave us behind in our outdated, unprofitable, smoggy world devoid of other life and the means to produce our own food.

Rule f*ckin Britannia!
BUT

You STILL don't answer or You avoid the point I made
What use is it if a relatively small country and its people do all the thing you want?
AND all those bigger Counties just carry on as they are
Quite simply if we do what you and others want, we risk economic reality and achieve either nothing or at best very little

It’s all right some young Girl ‘rabbiting on’ about it, and idiots being ‘spell bound’ I suspect She will learn more as she grows up and finds what it’s like to earn a living and bring up a family.

I had great visions of what was needed to put society right when I was younger; life experience has taught me it’s much more difficult than I thought

raefil

Super Duper Patron
Patron
BUT

What use is it if a relatively small country and its people do all the thing you want?
Quite simply if we do what you and others want, we risk economic reality and achieve either nothing or at best very little

It’s all right some young Girl ‘rabbiting on’ about it, and idiots being ‘spell bound’ I suspect She will learn more as she grows up and finds what it’s like to earn a living and bring up a family.

I had great visions of what was needed to put society right when I was younger; life experience has taught me it’s much more difficult than I thought
You dont make points, Wanker.

You just come out with bigoted worthless and misinformed shite.

Tosser.

portisheadpete

Advisor to the Owner
BUT

Life experience has taught you that you really are clueless and a lost cause. Youve basically given up and and are now abusing those who have most to lose from our generations failures. Pitiful. You should be ashamed of yourself for learning nothing but continuing to embarrass yourself with neanderthal views.

truenorthender

Advisor to the Owner
Life experience has taught you that you really are clueless and a lost cause. Youve basically given up and and are now abusing those who have most to lose from our generations failures. Pitiful. You should be ashamed of yourself for learning nothing but continuing to embarrass yourself with neanderthal views.
What about his point about others not getting onboard? lol that's a fair point (If they aren't on board I mean) I'm not asking if they're on board I'm just pointing out a fair question

raefil

Super Duper Patron
Patron
Put so much better than I did :)

26-0

Advisor to the Owner
BUT

I take it you didn’t read the link Winky posted in her reply to you.

You attempt to ridicule people with your remarks about “bringing back horse and carts” and yet you’re the one stuck in the past wanting us to explore for and extract the old fossil fuels rather than move forward and get a step ahead in the race to renewables.

The world is nothing like it was when you had your day and we should all be seriously taking into consideration our childrens’ and grandchildrens’ futures and LISTENING to them.

You’re happy to go along with the lazy lies and excuses about other countries not reducing their carbon footprints as much as you’d like and you seem very keen to block attempts from the UK to take action. You seem unconcerned that our inaction is actually adding to the problems that everyone of us in this country will soon be facing. But that’s your strategy of choice for overcoming the climate crisis.

portisheadpete

Advisor to the Owner
What about his point about others not getting onboard? lol that's a fair point (If they aren't on board I mean) I'm not asking if they're on board I'm just pointing out a fair question
If youre surrounded by thieves and looters, you dont give up your values and join in. You try to garner support from others around you to then challenge those that would cause breakdown of society. Its the only way and its called civilisation instead of anarchy. Its not survival of the fittest in this case as its dooming all of us. If I was religious I might suggest Trump was sent from down below and featured as a main player in the Book of Revelations.