Extinction Rebellion, the return of the great unwashed.

Extinction Rebellion

• Genuine people concerned solely with the future of our planet?

• An Anti-Capitalist movement using the fear of children to drive their agenda?

• A bunch of arseholes whose tactics are driving away people who could otherwise support them?

• All of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Biggest threat to the planet other than stupid people is Roundup. I'll find some links later but it's incredible that this stuff is still for sale to the public

raefil

Super Duper Patron
Patron
Biggest threat to the planet other than stupid people is Roundup. I'll find some links later but it's incredible that this stuff is still for sale to the public
Horrendous stuff, ive seen so much about it.

26-0

Advisor to the Owner
Nicely packaged though and marketed to look and sound quite harmless.

Aren’t the owners, Bayer(?) currently subject to huge medical claims in the USA?

Can’t understand why anyone would prefer to pour carcinogenic poisons all around their gardens putting themselves, visitors, pets and wildlife at risk of serious health problems. All of course eventually polluting our rivers and drinking water. Surely better to use a trowel and a bit of effort to clear the weeds.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Nicely packaged though and marketed to look and sound quite harmless.

Aren’t the owners, Bayer(?) currently subject to huge medical claims in the USA?

Can’t understand why anyone would prefer to pour carcinogenic poisons all around their gardens putting themselves, visitors, pets and wildlife at risk of serious health problems. All of course eventually polluting our rivers and drinking water. Surely better to use a trowel and a bit of effort to clear the weeds.
I use boiling water on mine!

Yeah domestic use is worse than agricultural due to the concentrations it is used in per m² it all gets in the ground water and kills insects, bees etc. causes an obscene amount of cancers and all sorts. I listened to a really interesting podcast about it recently will try and root it out

Edit: pod and highlight notes

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron

Yeah domestic use is worse than agricultural due to the concentrations it is used in per m² it all gets in the ground water and kills insects, bees etc. causes an obscene amount of cancers and all sorts. I listened to a really interesting podcast about it recently will try and root it out

Horrible stuff - unfortunately, Bayer has deep pockets when it comes to lobbying and influencing politicians. A vile, immoral company and I hope that the Yanks really screw them over with these lawsuits.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Horrible stuff - unfortunately, Bayer has deep pockets when it comes to lobbying and influencing politicians. A vile, immoral company and I hope that the Yanks really screw them over with these lawsuits.
Says it all that they even bough Monsanto. Been researching something that may interest you today. I now know how to collect spores from mushrooms in order to maintain a continuous crop

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron
Says it all that they even bough Monsanto. Been researching something that may interest you today. I now know how to collect spores from mushrooms in order to maintain a continuous crop
Yup - Bayer are up to their necks in corruption and unethical practices, just like Monsanto, so it was no surprise they saw a kindred spirit. However, they are finding out that, while the German government protects them in the EU, the US legal system is a different beast. Hope it really screws them over.

Sounds interesting - we tend to just buy mushrooms, but we are always open to new ideas!

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Yup - Bayer are up to their necks in corruption and unethical practices, just like Monsanto, so it was no surprise they saw a kindred spirit. However, they are finding out that, while the German government protects them in the EU, the US legal system is a different beast. Hope it really screws them over.

Sounds interesting - we tend to just buy mushrooms, but we are always open to new ideas!
I'm going to buy a kit for a few of the fancier types of mushrooms and then try and harvest the spores and try and respawn once my kit runs out

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron
I'm going to buy a kit for a few of the fancier types of mushrooms and then try and harvest the spores and try and respawn once my kit runs out
Let us know how you get on - I love mushrooms. The missus made some mushroom soup tonight, served with my rosemary and onion focaccia bread. One of my favourite meals 😋

26-0

Advisor to the Owner

Thanks for the enlightening link.

John T

Manager
I take it you didn’t read the link Winky posted in her reply to you.

You attempt to ridicule people with your remarks about “bringing back horse and carts” and yet you’re the one stuck in the past wanting us to explore for and extract the old fossil fuels rather than move forward and get a step ahead in the race to renewables.

The world is nothing like it was when you had your day and we should all be seriously taking into consideration our childrens’ and grandchildrens’ futures and LISTENING to them.

You’re happy to go along with the lazy lies and excuses about other countries not reducing their carbon footprints as much as you’d like and you seem very keen to block attempts from the UK to take action. You seem unconcerned that our inaction is actually adding to the problems that everyone of us in this country will soon be facing. But that’s your strategy of choice for overcoming the climate crisis.
I am NOT unconcerned as you put it

But quite frankly I don't see the point in 'shooting ourselves in the foot' economically speaking if the really big polluting Countries are not doing their bit, which from all the News on TV I have seen they are NOT
I made the same point about 'LECY Cars' on another tread too
IF we want as a country to set out own targets, they must IMO be realistic not in the world of make believe

Karcist

Manager
I had great visions of what was needed to put society right when I was younger; life experience has taught me it’s much more difficult than I thought
I think you meant to write `hoooooge` visions.

Incidentally...not that you`ll bother researching it....changing to a greener economy may actually bring more employment, would only really hit some polluting unsustainable industries, and would tend to bring more economic benefits to peripheral parts of the UK, such as the North, to the detriment of richer areas such as the South East.

And yes, the complexity of the issue is beyond you. So maybe leave it to others?

John T

Manager

Incidentally...not that you`ll bother researching it....changing to a greener economy may actually bring more employment, would only really hit some polluting unsustainable industries, and would tend to bring more economic benefits to peripheral parts of the UK, such as the North, to the detriment of richer areas such as the South East.

And yes, the complexity of the issue is beyond you. So maybe leave it to others?
If you mean CERTAIN others on the forum
I rather think NOT

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron

Yup - investing in green technology such as renewables worked very well for the US after the 2008 crash. It really is a direction the UK should go.