PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

UK Politics

Wasn't sure where to put this one, does it merit it's own thread. Have and have nots?
Anyway not to be misunderstood, I am definitely not into breaking into people's houses. That aside, how the feck does someone have £26 million worth of stuff I'm thier house? Decadence beyond belief, how can this sort of indulgence be morally acceptable when so many go without? A root of many of society's problems IMO.
Greed is the root of all evil.

Please Lord. If theres any justice in the world. A man whos never really done a proper days work taking the piss.

1637018069821.png
Loans of up to £2.94 a year... he can't be creaming much interest off that... but rules are rules. Lock him up!

Seriously though, typos aside, that sounds dodgy as hell... as does the Zahawi one. Setting up a company with his wife.... who I am sure contributes enormously (mainly in providing the cover to allow hubby to keep his earnings quiet)

^^^. Just read a bit further down. Something that the article doesn't make too much fuss about - probably because kind of cannot... but:

Instead of borrowing £2.94m from the bank to fund a central London house, he got his UK company, that he owns 100%, to borrow the money from the bank. Then gets the company to lend the money to HIM personally at an interest rate of 0.8%. So he is benefiting from the difference between interest payments on £3M at commercial rates versus the interest at 0.8%. But apparently "the loans were not earnings" and therefore he had "not broken any rules"

FFS.

^^^. Just read a bit further down. Something that the article doesn't make too much fuss about - probably because kind of cannot... but:

Instead of borrowing £2.94m from the bank to fund a central London house, he got his UK company, that he owns 100%, to borrow the money from the bank. Then gets the company to lend the money to HIM personally at an interest rate of 0.8%. So he is benefiting from the difference between interest payments on £3M at commercial rates versus the interest at 0.8%. But apparently "the loans were not earnings" and therefore he had "not broken any rules"

FFS.

The sum total of most of these tories so called 'experience of life' is a skill, widely shared amongst themselves' of how to manage and avoid the taxation and parliamentary rules here and abroad in order to acquire miliions of pounds for themselves, exploiting insider knowledge of government legislation as they go. And then have the absolute nerve to called themselves 'businessmen'. Theyre mostly just skilled. conmen skirting around the edges of the law, where others without their privilege would be locked up

Kieth getting outflanked by Johnson again, announced he was making a big speech on sleaze hours in advance and then Johnson gets in there first with a letter to the speaker pretty much saying the same things. He's unbelievably shit at politics.

'Fast lane' procurement.
The sums involved are eye watering.
Can hardly believe what I'm reading.
They have completely taken the piss.
WOW!

I liked the point made on question time last week - all these MPs with second jobs? How come none of them are ever a second job working at a food bank or charity shop etc?

Because they’re voluntary work and don’t pay?
Apparently our beloved buffoon of a leader thinks having second jobs can add real life experience to their role of MP - so how better to show that then doing something for the greater good?

I wonder if a starting point could be that no MP can have a second job that they only qualify for because they are an MP? I’ve also always wondered if MPs wages could be increased on the proviso that is their only paid employment.

I have heard people say, I say people but generally only those wearing blue rosettes, that we need to allow people to have a second job to ensure a high standard of MPs because their MPs wage isn’t enough. There’s two issues with that. Firstly, we’ve got a bunch of brainless upper class twits in government so that argument doesn’t stand water at all. Secondly, four times the national average isn’t chicken feed anyway.

Apparently our beloved buffoon of a leader thinks having second jobs can add real life experience to their role of MP - so how better to show that then doing something for the greater good?

I wonder if a starting point could be that no MP can have a second job that they only qualify for because they are an MP? I’ve also always wondered if MPs wages could be increased on the proviso that is their only paid employment.

I have heard people say, I say people but generally only those wearing blue rosettes, that we need to allow people to have a second job to ensure a high standard of MPs because their MPs wage isn’t enough. There’s two issues with that. Firstly, we’ve got a bunch of brainless upper class twits in government so that argument doesn’t stand water at all. Secondly, four times the national average isn’t chicken feed anyway.
I'm thinking a spot of community service would be most appropriate.

It's not only MP's it's the civil servants and advisors in Westminster lobbying for private firms, they need sorting as well. Contracts are going out of the back door awarded through those lobbyists, who have an allegiance to one party or another (Lex Greensill), usually the Tory Party.

Posted this before. It is such a beautiful documentary linking the restoration of natural environment to the climate.
A positive message much needed amidst today's doom and gloom.

Started watching yesterday, very positive news, really good to see people actively doing something to combat the damage being done.... (y) (y) (y)

On the news yesterday, it showed Starmer and Rayner in a press conference announcing a proposal to ban certain 2nd jobs and consultancy work for MPs... and Johnson stealing his thunder by simultaneously putting on twitter a letter to the Speaker proposing something very similar.

But late last night, I saw that when you read the ACTUAL text of the amendment that was proposed by the governments was full of woolly words of should, and target, and try.... instead must / must not.

Johnson got his stolen headlines on the main evening news... and I guess that it will all be a bit fuzzy by the time the details come out. More excellent news management by Tory HQ.

What a surprise. Lets introduce another rule that we can easily exploit and get around. Its what we're really good at.
We all know this will be the outcome though. All this will be referred to holding companies, under spouses names- the usual smoke and mirrors of rule evaders. Johnsons manoures are just a show to fool the electorate.

FFENMEPWYAQFgW1

FFENMEQWYAIQmFM

FFENMEvX0Ag2yG4

Non.

The usual one way negotiation method that has see demonstrably failed every time the idiot engages with a counterparty. A toff thats always had his own way and who's now floundering in the real world of international relations.

The mayor of Calais is the only one thats made sense today outlining actions for both govts and emphasizing the futility of patrolling 300 miles of coastline. That solves sweet fa.