PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

FA Cup final

How can you not love Kasper Schmeichel?

Eloquence in every interview, class keeper, underrated and loves the club he plays for

Never forget him being the first out of the ground to try and help those involved in the helicopter crash too

In today’s delightful interview, when asked how important his save was at the end…. he ignored it completely- just went on about the fans, backroom staff and said what a great goal it was from Tielemans!

Interestingly, he then said (paraphrased) - “…but I couldn’t really celebrate it [the goal] properly because you never know if VAR might rule it out” Just listen to that FIFA/FA - and think about what VAR is doing to the game.

Just another point about the goal. The Chelsea defender (Silva) was stood a few yards out of his area... and seemed more interested in keeping his arms firmly behind his back, moving in an unnatural way - rather than thinking how best to defend the shot! I mean, apart from anything else, what's the worst that could have happened if it had hit his hand?

Apprentice at BT when I first knew him.
Presumably you worked there, I thought my father once told me he was his apprentice at BT - presumably he meant he helped train him.

I also remember him playing as a non contract player for the reserves before his short spell in the first team on loan.

Yours was one of the only realistic posts on that other thread and you've come out with your teeth intact.
I totally get people frustrations but there’s always a lot more to see under the veneer of what’s often published etc
Everyone wants a cheap season ticket and everyone wants that star player with big results but we just aren’t in that place right now.
When I next go to the gulf I will be interviewing numerous horribly wealthy Arabs for the position of the owner - watch this space