PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

FA Cup run

I hope AN takes this years FA cup a little bit more seriously. I think a good cup run might lift spirits - and finances. The thought of Ripley back in goal at Wycombe would be a statement of disregard....not written expecting much change from previous years

I hope AN takes this years FA cup a little bit more seriously. I think a good cup run might lift spirits - and finances. The thought of Ripley back in goal at Wycombe would be a statement of disregard....not written expecting much change from previous years

Be prepared to be disappointed.

I wish he would take the FA cup more seriously. If we went on a run it wouldn't be that many more games per season and it's not like we have a stupidly full schedule like clubs in Europe. It's often tasty FA Cup ties that really galvanise a club and creates a buzz around the place. We've also seen how a great result in the cup can turn around a bad run of league form.

With the lack of crowds so no incoming funds I wouldn't be surprised if AN was told to try and win it.
After all a quid is a quid........

Our injury list is bad enough without risking more players in the cup. Personally love the cup, but can see why AN wouldn’t take a risk on it.

No point this year, we only play for a nice fixture, money spinner against the top 6.

No chance of that this year so I couldn't care less if we played an U18 XI against Wycombe.

No point this year, we only play for a nice fixture, money spinner against the top 6.

No chance of that this year so I couldn't care less if we played an U18 XI against Wycombe.

Wouldn’t a “money spinner” be more welcome this year than any year before?

It will be more a case of 'who do we not want injured' for the league and pick a team from the rest....
I suspect Ainsworth will do the same as he tries to avoid relegation....

Should be a game for our so called L1 players... ripley; raff; hughes; stockley; bayliss; harrop; earl to start and make up with hunts; ledson; bodin etc.

Over recent seasons we virtually played a second eleven unfortunately I can’t see anything changing . The difference being this year I can’t see us being up near the top six with a few games to go . Even if fans do get back into watch this season I think there won’t be much to play for . Sad but that’s how I see it

I had a twitter debate with Darren Bent who sai he would rather finish 8th in the Premier League then finish 15th and win the FA Cup which tells you all you need to know what players think off the competition these days.

Love your optimism.

He won't though.

The way injuries are piling up we need to rest a load and play the second string. I’d love a massive run but this season it is about staying in the hunt for a play off spot.

With the lack of crowds so no incoming funds I wouldn't be surprised if AN was told to try and win it.
After all a quid is a quid........

We get £61,500 prize money if we win, only £20,500 if we lose. The difference would pay one of the so-called big four's wages for a couple of weeks. Not to be sniffed at...