PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Fairsnape Road (Tin Houses)

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
Bit of a long shot, Does anyone have a photo or know where I can get a photo of the Old Tin Houses on Fairsnape Road. They was pulled down in 1988 or 87.

Bit of a long shot, Does anyone have a photo or know where I can get a photo of the Old Tin Houses on Fairsnape Road. They was pulled down in 1988 or 87.
I dont but my grandad lived in one, my memories are that they were actually spacious, comfortable and warm on the inside.

Yes, through the front door, was a sizeable Hallway, leading to the Kitchen, Stairs on the left (right on the otherside) Living room, with double doors into the Dinning room, with a door to the Kitchen. Upstairs was bathroom at the top of the Stairs, Back room, front bedroom and a Box room. 2 sheds and an outside toilet. Great, warm, but if one of the Houses went up in smoke the other often went with it.

No photos sorry, but going to Ribby Hall school meant many of my mates lived in 'Tin Town' and we often used to nick off school in them or duck out of cross country by the Dog's Home while Tate and Treymaine weren't watching for a fag and a brew. Happy days.
If I do manage to dig something out in the future with a pic on I will pm you, Crazy.

Yes, through the front door, was a sizeable Hallway, leading to the Kitchen, Stairs on the left (right on the otherside) Living room, with double doors into the Dinning room, with a door to the Kitchen. Upstairs was bathroom at the top of the Stairs, Back room, front bedroom and a Box room. 2 sheds and an outside toilet. Great, warm, but if one of the Houses went up in smoke the other often went with it.
Amazing structures really, they were built to last just a few years yet theyd still be strong even now.

Only tin houses I know of are the ones around Sulby, near Gamull.
Theyre still there?

worth getting some pics if they are, the only one i can find is this one, no idea if theyre Preston tho

PRM00161_Brady_01-316x311.jpg

I think they’ve had some rendering done.?

Still tin underneath.

I was going to say that in my last post but I wasn’t sure if I remembered right.?

Ha ha, makes me laugh that JD, people on the fronts of there houses still in there PJ's, toys in the road, just needs a bicycle tyre on top of the lampost, I had a relative from tin town and it's never changed.
...and you can just see the sort of grass verges where huge 27 - a - side footy matches would take place in the summer hols.

And a shoe hanging from the telegraph wire.
In America, a trainer hanging from a telephone line can indicate where a gang member took a hit or that there is a drug den in the area.

Other cultures have their own various reasons for doing this.