PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Fairsnape Road (Tin Houses)

And @Dirty Harry quite rightly referred to Farry Park's nickname as being Dodge City not Tintown.

The majority of work on Farry Park was done in the late 80s and very early 90s, funded by the Government's Estate Action programme. The residents were rehoused elsewhere - and this suited the Council's senior management as it broke up the concentration of "dominant families" that had earned the estate its Dodge City nickname.

I lived near Blessed Sac and went to school there with people from tintown on Ribby Hall Drive. I also worked for the Council's Housing Department between 1992 and 1997 before leaving to do missionary work in Burnley.

Where I grew up Farringdon was called tintown. Don't try to tell me any differently.

Where I grew up Farringdon was called tintown. Don't try to tell me any differently.
Im sure I do remember a few tin houses by Dodge City, but just a few rather than a whole estate. I'm sure they were located right at the front of 'Dodge.'

No. Today is the first time I've heard it referred to as that.

Wow. It was quite widely known as that back then.

Perhaps on a very local basis people referred the nearest streets of prefabs as tintown, so there could have been several small estates all with the same nickname?

I only got involved to support Crazy's assertion the properties off Ribby Hall Drive were known as tintown.

Not answering the question but these two articles are fascinating about some of the history of estates around Preston

Fascinating read that, cheers (y)

Sold him a PNE v Doncaster Program for £20. Hayhurst was English Teacher along with Mr Hayhurst. There was rumours Treymaine was knocking off Mrs Gibson French teacher. Mr Gibson was a drunk. Mr Sammon was always rumoured to be knocking off the Young Maths Teacher. She was the only reason people attended Maths. (Can't think of her name) and turned out Sammon was her dad. Grades went through the roof when that news came out. Was it Mr Culter the youngest of the 2 Art Teachers that always had the Girls at the front on that Stools and high Benches. Inchcliffe was a Bitch, getting chalk out the jumper was a twat. Elliot was the best Science Teacher. Bannon the History teacher was a lazy fucker. Longton knew fuck all about Geography and Mr Knowles although a twat in lessons, was very charitable outside of lesson. Millington or Billington the Music Teacher never gave a shit. Mrs Davies that went over and broke her arm, was rumoured to be to be in With Whiteside the technology Teacher.

School life was shite, Fuck knows how anyone came out of their with any grades.
Bannon aka monkey man, was my form teacher!🤣

Old History to me
I remember the staff v 5th year annual cricket match. I nicked a quick single, Banham threw at the stumps, I was actually past the stumps when it hit, and Tremaine who was umpiring gave me run-out! Cheating sods. For the staff v 5th year footy match, the staff were unbeaten for about 20 years but when it was our turn, we had such a good team they refused to play us just so they could maintain their record. There was a great geography teacher called Mr Hughes, and a lovely fella Mr Day who taught history. I got on well with Tate and Tremaine in PE, Mr Horton and Mr Hoyle were great art teachers, didn't really care for anyone else but loved an attractive young maths teacher called Miss Whitford, who always were T Shirts and had huge nipples like hat pegs poking through them. Oh, I liked Mr Batterbee the RE teacher (lurch). Working in a similar school myself now I appreciate how hard it must have been for some of them!

I remember the staff v 5th year annual cricket match. I nicked a quick single, Banham threw at the stumps, I was actually past the stumps when it hit, and Tremaine who was umpiring gave me run-out! Cheating sods. For the staff v 5th year footy match, the staff were unbeaten for about 20 years but when it was our turn, we had such a good team they refused to play us just so they could maintain their record. There was a great geography teacher called Mr Hughes, and a lovely fella Mr Day who taught history. I got on well with Tate and Tremaine in PE, Mr Horton and Mr Hoyle were great art teachers, didn't really care for anyone else but loved an attractive young maths teacher called Miss Whitford, who always were T Shirts and had huge nipples like hat pegs poking through them. Oh, I liked Mr Batterbee the RE teacher (lurch). Working in a similar school myself now I appreciate how hard it must have been for some of them!
I dunno that maths teacher, the Maths teacher the Boys dropped their pens for was Mrs Ashton when I was there. Iremeber Mr Hoyle, hated his other art teacher, Cutler. Hughes was my geography teacher.

Is that the same Mr Day who taught history at Thomas More, AKA Corpus? If it is he was a lovely Guy.

Is that the same Mr Day who taught history at Thomas More, AKA Corpus? If it is he was a lovely Guy.
Not sure, Think he got Fired for being Drunk, Sure his Wife worked at the School as well, they Split up I was in Year 7, Remember him there for a month or 2 then he disappeared. Rumours where he was slightly tipsy in the Afternoon. But that School and Rumours. Mr Salmon doing Miss Ashton, turned out Salmon (or Sammon Maths) was her Dad. That rumour went well.