PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Fans Forum

All I am asking is for the collective - who don't wish to protest on behalf of fans - to clarify that they will definitely not become embroiled in rallying against any future protests happening.

It's not a loaded question. So far I've had a 'maybe not'. Which doesn't really cut it to be quite honest. I don't understand why you are being so defensive.
I would suggest that PSC will be absolutely neutral to any legal protest against the club, people have the right to protest...it`s still, just about, a democracy in this country, I think.
Everyone of the 1,200+ members goes through a vetting process - they are not just "likes"
I`ve no doubt that some members of PSC probably would protest against the current regime....however they will not be doing it under the PSC banner.

I would suggest that PSC will be absolutely neutral to any legal protest against the club, people have the right to protest...it`s still, just about, a democracy in this country, I think.
Everyone of the 1,200+ members goes through a vetting process - they are not just "likes"
I`ve no doubt that some members of PSC probably would protest against the current regime....however they will not be doing it under the PSC banner.
Ive said before, if PSC became a protest group i would remove my name from its membership.

There are many things that I would gladly protest about, this rotten putrid govt being one of them, football isnt and never will be one of them.

I have the option of removing my support/custom, if need be.

As someone who was involved in a supporters group for many years I can understand the argument from both sides.

The difficulty I always found was that people who are completely against what you stand for would often go out of their way to put you down.

I have respect for those in PSC who are trying to achieve their aims and work with the football club on certain issues.

They can't and will never represent the entire fanbase just in the same way any other previous supporters group never did. No one group has ever claimed that either. Of course they are open to security but at the end of the day folk can choose to support them, disagree with them or be indifferent.

However, I will never criticise anyone who tries to improve things on any level with the club or for other fans.

I attended the meeting with the police with some of the PSC and I can assure you they were there for the benefit of PNE supporters but just as I was only representing PNE Online they were representing their group.

Its bloody hard work and at times soul destroying but I wish them all the best with whatever way forward they decide.

I have always been of the view the more supporters groups the better.

I'd love to see others with different aims give it a go and the more representing of a fan base the better as far as I'm concerned.

9F48753F-31FD-4BDA-966F-9F4235070DEB.jpeg

Not really. You click join group and agree to abide by the rules. Then you're in.

So you need to join the group to see if you're interested in what's going on, but at the same time that's being classed as being a member.

Is that not being a member?

If you want to have a look and decide if its for you or not you have to join, by that point you're being classed as a member.

I'm not overly bothered budgie, but I think a formal sort of joining / membership would be better that's all.

If you want to have a look and decide if its for you or not you have to join, by that point you're being classed as a member.

I'm not overly bothered budgie, but I think a formal sort of joining / membership would be better that's all.
If its not for you then leave the group, Tino. That facility is always available.

"Absolutely neutral" is certainly a big step up from the "maybe not" I received from "White Horse 44". So, I appreciate that response. Thank you. I do think its absolutely crucial for PSC to not to be used by Ridsdale as a weapon to quell any future discontent. If PSC stick to worrying about non-footballing matters, then they shall have no problem from 99% of the fan base. I think any organised protests are a long way away off yet anyway. It would take us to be bottom four imo for enough of the fanbase to rise up. But it's important we know PSC will not be an obstacle should it come to that.

Ridsdale confirmed in today's FTF podcast (at 01:21:35) that there will be 2 Fans Forums this season.

As an ordinary pub, the Moorbrook's fine, but how many fans, listening to the Manager, would make it fully packed?
Sure the Big Tent / 'Fanzone' would be a better bet next time?
Oh yeah, somewhere to Park a bit easier,an' all.