FAO - Overseas based PNE fans

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
Overseas based PNE fans are being asked to ‘Stand Up And Be Counted’ for the chance to win a trip to come and see the Lilywhites play!
The campaign has been launched by the Football League for all 72 clubs, and asks fans to register their country and city of residence to show their support of their club.

The site includes an overall leaderboard so supporters can see where our global fan base ranks compared to the other 71 Football League clubs, as well as a map displaying where in the world our fans are from.

By registering their support for a Club, fans have the chance to enter a prize draw to win a trip for two to the United Kingdom, including flights, accommodation and match tickets to see North End in action!

Register now at https://www.representyourclub.com/preston-north-end.

Football League matches and highlights are broadcast in up to 183 territories around the world every week throughout the season.

Commenting on the campaign, Shaun Harvey, Chief Executive of The Football League said: “Our 72 Football League clubs are at the very heart of their communities, but there are also passionate fans all around the world who follow their team each week through our international television coverage and online.

“We’d encourage any fan around the world to stand up and be counted for their club by registering and helping to move then up the leaderboard”.

If you know any of our supporters based overseas then send them the link and help move us up the global fans leaderboard!

Read more at http://www.pnefc.net/news/article/l...on-north-end-2481973.aspx#HDV67CmzDQqPAT0E.99

jcfartpants

Chief Anal Acoustician
Isn't this somewhat open to fraud? Simply pretend you're in a foreign country, get loads of people to do it and hey preston, you're at the top of the league.

OP
FootballcrazyP_

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
Isn't this somewhat open to fraud? Simply pretend you're in a foreign country, get loads of people to do it and hey preston, you're at the top of the league.

I ashume they'll be checking IP's etc.

Blackpool in at number 69 with 3 fans.

Sounds about right.

Not sure it does. Kirkham is not a foreign country, although you should need a Passport to get in and out of Blackpool

jcfartpants

Chief Anal Acoustician
True, but would be rather sad.

It happens all the time with awards in terms of the winners are the people who galvanise the most votes, not because they have the most support necessarily, but because they are desperate enough to want to win that they press gang everybody and anybody to vote.

Parched Pea

Youth Team
A few outcomes could be gained from the stats at the end.
1: The clubs with the highest numbers have the most fraudulent entries.
2: The club with the highest numbers is situated in the biggest dump therefore forcing their inhabitants to relocate.
3: The figures are correct.
4: A mixture of all or any permutations.
At the end of the day/week/month/decade/ century/millennia, it will prove nothing. Does anybody really care who has the most fans living abroad? I don't! I know that the ones who are exiled would probably want to be nearer to the club but they are where they are for reasons more important than football.

OP
FootballcrazyP_

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
1: The clubs with the highest numbers have the most fraudulent entries.
2: The club with the highest numbers is situated in the biggest dump therefore forcing their inhabitants to relocate.
3: The figures are correct.
4: A mixture of all or any permutations.
At the end of the day/week/month/decade/ century/millennia, it will prove nothing. Does anybody really care who has the most fans living abroad? I don't! I know that the ones who are exiled would probably want to be nearer to the club but they are where they are for reasons more important than football.

The club does, I suspect it will show if PNE player is being taken up by those outside the country and if not, they may look into improving this.

Marvin

Youth Team
I have registered - Robertson, NSW supporters group of one! The ranking of clubs is pretty obvious as it will be tied to the supporter base for each club.

Tark

Manager
I've Fb'd this to friends abroad who might want to enter this lottery. The majority are emigrants, but a good number have enjoyed their visits to Preston too.