PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Favourite Chocolate Bar

Does anyone else find Cadbury's have gone downhill with their chocolate?
The bars they have released in the last 5-10 years have been awful, they're releasing more next month and I'm not tempted by any of them.
I feel like they're trying to be too Willa Wonka.

Does anyone else find Cadbury's have gone downhill with their chocolate?
The bars they have released in the last 5-10 years have been awful, they're releasing more next month and I'm not tempted by any of them.
I feel like they're trying to be too Willa Wonka.
Are you talking about the actual chocolate formulation, or the range of new bars? I think the chocolate itself is fairly unchanged.

Had a white chocolate twix the other day (not cadbury), and it was ace.

Are you talking about the actual chocolate formulation, or the range of new bars? I think the chocolate itself is fairly unchanged.

I mean the range of bars.

Mars know what they are on about and I generally trust them to not make something hideous.
Thinking about Cadbury's though, their Marvellous Creations were awful, that Dark Milk isn't anywhere near their classic Bourneville, the Medleys and Big Taste bars again unnecessary.

Mars though, their Twix flavours are great, the salted caramel one is by far the best salted caramel I have ever had.

I mean the range of bars.

Mars know what they are on about and I generally trust them to not make something hideous.
Thinking about Cadbury's though, their Marvellous Creations were awful, that Dark Milk isn't anywhere near their classic Bourneville, the Medleys and Big Taste bars again unnecessary.

Mars though, their Twix flavours are great, the salted caramel one is by far the best salted caramel I have ever had.
When we first lived in America we were conned by Cadburys chocolate, thought it was the real thing but it was 'orrible bitter American choc, made under licence.

Until we realised you could buy real Cadburys in the international food ailse (but for 5 times the price!)

When we first lived in America we were conned by Cadburys chocolate, thought it was the real thing but it was 'orrible bitter American choc, made under licence.

Until we realised you could buy real Cadburys in the international food ailse (but for 5 times the price!)
The Aussie made chocolate here is pretty shite as it has stuff in to stop it melting so easy. Same deal, you can get British chocolate in a small section at the supermarket, but at a premium. Not chocolate, but I regularly buy Twiglets from the same section but they do cost $2.15 for a small 45g bag.

'orrible bitter American choc, made under licence.
I've tried quite a few American chocolate bars and I wasn't left impressed, and I've got a sweet tooth so I'm happy to nibble on anything.
I do like British chocolate, Beech's on Fletcher Road have some decent stuff.
Slovenian chocolate is good too, probably owing to their Austrian neighbours.

I thought the demise of Cadbury’s chocolate was down to the takeover by Kraft. Loads of people always moan about and I can see why. It tastes nothing like it did when I used to buy those “Fruit and Nut” bars on my paper round 35 years ago. 😢

I thought the demise of Cadbury’s chocolate was down to the takeover by Kraft. Loads of people always moan about and I can see why. It tastes nothing like it did when I used to buy those “Fruit and Nut” bars on my paper round 35 years ago. 😢
I often wonder if it's our grown-up brains playing tricks on us. (Although our taste buds do definitely change over time).

Cadbury have loads of different formulations, allowing them to pour it or mould it into the various forms. So the choc on a cream egg isn't officially even 'Dairy Milk' at all. In fact I'm not sure that any of the other Cadbury bars are actually 'made with Dairy Milk' either. Is Dairy Milk just one bar, not the name for its generic chocolate?

About 20 years ago I was in Pennysylvania and we were visiting some Frank Lloyd Wright places (Fallingwater, Kentuck Knob etc) and Gettysburg and we ended up visiting Hershey. It really is the worst chocolate in the known universe: absolutely revolting stuff.

Hershey. It really is the worst chocolate in the known universe: absolutely revolting stuff.
It really is.

I also bought a Reece's peanut butter snowman on reduced at Morrison's. Poor thing was bashed to bits, so I felt sorry for it.
The peanut butter centre was great but the chocolate was vile. You know when cheap imported chocolate says 'chocolate flavoured coating' instead of 'coated in milk chocolate', well it was like that.

I had this the other day too and thought it was quality. Pretty rough looking cornershops are usually a haven for new takes on classic chocolate bars.

original

Anyone remember these utter phenoms? Was reminiscing about them the other day. Shame they were discontinued. Chocolate companies have a habit of discontinuing genuinely great products. Does my head in.

It really is.

I also bought a Reece's peanut butter snowman on reduced at Morrison's. Poor thing was bashed to bits, so I felt sorry for it.
The peanut butter centre was great but the chocolate was vile. You know when cheap imported chocolate says 'chocolate flavoured coating' instead of 'coated in milk chocolate', well it was like that.
:sick::sick:

I've tried quite a few American chocolate bars and I wasn't left impressed, and I've got a sweet tooth so I'm happy to nibble on anything.
I do like British chocolate, Beech's on Fletcher Road have some decent stuff.
Slovenian chocolate is good too, probably owing to their Austrian neighbours.
When I was a lad....... Beech's were totally shite, I see that must have changed now as they supply M&S, I worked with a lad who's girlfriend worked at Beech's, he was called "Collie", which in my day was a green veg which made you shite ! Enough said. The only thing you could get on Fletcher road was a quickie after the Hollywood bar shut the bar. ;) :ROFLMAO: