PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Favourite Preston nightclub

Favourite Preston nightclub

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My brother went out last night and ended up in Replay. How long has it been called that? I’m sure it was still Rift last time I went out

It shut down as Rift before lockdown but almost the next day it was announced as reopening as Replay posy refurb.

Nothing really happened before March last year but I believe they planned to open in summer then Lockdown II arrived so it finally appeared on 17th May.

Tuesday nights at Aqualenium were great. I used to get paid on Wednesdays so always had to pray that my wage had gone in by closing time otherwise it was a looong walk home!

Lord Byrons officially held around 500 but 750 were regularly in attendance. 3 nights a week.

@Muzza @Dr Marten

You know the drill and what it was like... the bogs, the opened doors at the back to allow air in, the vibes, the the eclectic mix of Metalica to Kylie to Public Enemy.
Awesome place. Bogs flooded every night. Sticky carpet. Just had so much fun in there.

Awesome place. Bogs flooded every night. Sticky carpet. Just had so much fun in there.
I had some top nights in there both as a punter and an employee. As JD said it was always ridiculously packed, and how they got away with those toilets I'll never know.

I won't mention the state of the kitchen that they served the food from but I can tell you that I would not eat anything from there. It's a good job they did not have those Food hygiene ratings back then because it would have been closed down.

The worst bit about working there was after the closing when the Punters were gone and the lights were on, you could see how scabby it was. Once we'd cleared up we would sit down together and have a drink, being careful not to let the dripping condensation land in your drink as it fell from the ceiling. At the end of my shift my clothes were always covered in brown/black spots left behind by the dripping condensation mixed with the cigarette tar that was on the ceiling. I learned very quickly not to wear white t-shirts for work because they were always ruined.

I had some top nights in there both as a punter and an employee. As JD said it was always ridiculously packed, and how they got away with those toilets I'll never know.

I won't mention the state of the kitchen that they served the food from but I can tell you that I would not eat anything from there. It's a good job they did not have those Food hygiene ratings back then because it would have been closed down.

The worst bit about working there was after the closing when the Punters were gone and the lights were on, you could see how scabby it was. Once we'd cleared up we would sit down together and have a drink, being careful not to let the dripping condensation land in your drink as it fell from the ceiling. At the end of my shift my clothes were always covered in brown/black spots left behind by the dripping condensation mixed with the cigarette tar that was on the ceiling. I learned very quickly not to wear white t-shirts for work because they were always ruined.
Ha ha, I think I had chips a couple of times from there but that was it.

Yeah, that dripping black condensation was terrible, but part and parcel of a night in there. One time I thought I felt some drip on my arm, but it was actually blood from a mush who'd got punched in the schnoz next to me in a mini brawl.
Those bogs were shocking, lol. We even had some of our girl friends using the guys bogs cause the womens were apparently even worse. I even remember one time a mate was pissing against the bar as he was being served. Fun times.

Ha ha, I think I had chips a couple of times from there but that was it.

For a while after its heyday, there was someone living in that kitchen when the club was closed. A friend of one of the parade of owners that came through before its eventual demise, from memory the poor chap must have at least been in his 60s, and didn't appear the full shilling.

I think assuming it would be closed is the least concerning, it would probably be a biohazard zone, patient zero from at least a couple of diseases probably stemmed from that kitchen.

Tokes for me on a Thursday and Saturday, with a little trip in to the one near the bus station / HMRC building if there was a big queue. And then Squires on a Monday

disappointed not to see Piper on the list as in what WAS your favourite nightclub !!
Always greated at the door with regulars only, until one night I snapped and said how can I become a regular when you never let me in., get in then🤣

Warehouse all the way,
Good indie music, bands as well, circa 79-84 for me.
Athletico spitz 80, Theatre of Hate, T,V, Smith's Explorers, plus lesser outfits The Trend and The Out.
Regret not attending Joy Division '79, also Depeche Mode early 81.
Always a mixture of your local punks, mods, heavy rockers with reggae /ska /soul thrown Inas well.
Great venue for extra drink after returning on train from a far away away day.