Favourite sandwich.

daddyman16

Forum Patron
Patron
Depends.
Toasted bread, it has to be banana, peanut butter and honey. Normal bread, that's a tough one, but it has to be wholemeal.

The humble iceberg and cheese is good, there's something about the iceberg and bread combo.
Cheese and onion savoury filling is good. Ploughman's too. Prawn mayo is okay but tends to be too bland tasting.

Probably one of my favourites was the smoked cheese with tomato chutney on tomato bread that Aldi used to do. The flavour combination was amazing, but for some reason they changed the recipe and it was never quite the same after that.

Or just load a butter pie on a white barn/bap/bun/cob/stottie (delete as appropriate)

Muzza

Forum Patron
Patron
Depends.
Toasted bread, it has to be banana, peanut butter and honey. Normal bread, that's a tough one, but it has to be wholemeal.

The humble iceberg and cheese is good, there's something about the iceberg and bread combo.
Cheese and onion savoury filling is good. Ploughman's too. Prawn mayo is okay but tends to be too bland tasting.

Probably one of my favourites was the smoked cheese with tomato chutney on tomato bread that Aldi used to do. The flavour combination was amazing, but for some reason they changed the recipe and it was never quite the same after that.

Or just load a butter pie on a white barn/bap/bun/cob/stottie (delete as appropriate)
Your first line made me vom. Your last line saved the day.

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
Had a good one last night.

Floury bap, Sauce Shop BBQ sauce on the base, Hellbent boerewors (coiled sausage from a company owned by Saffer rugby players) and an fried organic egg cooked with freshly sliced green chillies on top.

MBcha

Staff member
Patron
Rarely eat sandwiches these days, grains and cereals aren't really very good for us on the whole so I avoid as much bread as possible.

Used to really enjoy a simple tuna, mayo, sweetcorn and cucumber on white bread though.

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
Don't eat many sandwiches these days but I really used to like chicken, bacon and avocado on a baguette or on focaccia from a shop close to where I used to work. It's also probably the reason that Im half a stone lighter these days now that I dont stuff my face with lunch time sandwiches like that.

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
As a child lived almost exclusively on lettuce & salad cream sandwiches

As a student, ketchup & brown sauce (the poor man's bacon sandwich)