PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

• We have been advised by our hosts there will be a period of downtime between 20:00 - 23:00 BST on Friday 14th June for server improvements.

PNE Online and PNE Flags will be unavailable for various periods during this time.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Find a buyer and sell the club.

Did you listen to the interview. I got the impression if the right offer came in at the right time it would be up for sale.

However, look how long it takes to find buyers at struggling clubs, for peanuts.

I've said it many times, if Trevor had truly wanted to sell the club the circles that he mixed in in the horse racing world where THE place to find a buyer. Not sure if the family are continuing his racing legacy, but if not that opportunity has now most likely gone.

I've said it many times, if Trevor had truly wanted to sell the club the circles that he mixed in in the horse racing world where THE place to find a buyer. Not sure if the family are continuing his racing legacy, but if not that opportunity has now most likely gone.

Other than being philanthropic and giving back to the town/ city of Preston.

I cannot understand why they haven sold, after all they have abdicated running of the club to the egomaniac, who is further increasing the divide between club and supporters. So why bother?

If the total lack of ambition for PNE continues from Craig and his fat crony why not put the club on the market and try and find a buyer to save the club from oblivion.
Maybe that's still a longer-term possibility.

Ridsdale mentioned TH had already put the budget in place for this season and next, while CH noted the club budget going forward will depend (among other things) on "other investment requirements across the many Hemmings family businesses".

Which is a somewhat different emphasis from TH's time, when (as Ridsdale himself says) "he reassured me all the time the money was there, I didn't have to worry about it".

And despite having the microphone and claiming his press conference was a "start again" opportunity between the club and the fans, no strategic plan was forthcoming from Ridsdale yesterday.

So who knows what the longer term may bring?

It's taken the owners of Hull City 10 years to sell their club. This is a club with a much better infrastructure than us, a finished stadium, a recent premier league history, a very recent FA Cup final appearance and a city with 100,000 extra people in it. Even then they've had to reduce the price to c£20M, even less if milestones are hit in the next few year.

It's taken the owners of Hull City 10 years to sell their club. This is a club with a much better infrastructure than us, a finished stadium, a recent premier league history, a very recent FA Cup final appearance and a city with 100,000 extra people in it. Even then they've had to reduce the price to c£20M, even less if milestones are hit in the next few year.
Not a surprise when you consider the financial viability of most Championship clubs, PNE included. I mean who in their right mind is going to invest in a business that is more or less guaranteed to lose several million pounds each year, except in the very unlikely event they reach the promised land of the PL (and even then the likelihood is only a few years of small profit)?

The value placed on any business which is virtually guaranteed to lose millions per annum is near to ZERO, with the only haggling likely to be over the debt the new buyer takes on (the money put in by the Hemmings Trust in our case). If you've sunk millions into such a business (and the business means something to you) why would you just give it away?

It would obviously be controversial, but fans should note that a new financial buyer would probably look at the option of taking the club into administration, accepting relegation and starting again with a totally reset cost base (smaller squad, smaller overheads, massive reduction in player wages etc). The alternative is to renegotiate all contracts but player power is such these days that this is unlikely to succeed.

Grass isn't always greener with new owners (and please spare me the lectures about the football authorities ensuring we won't get bought by rogues because they have a fit and proper person test!).

If the total lack of ambition for PNE continues from Craig and his fat crony why not put the club on the market and try and find a buyer to save the club from oblivion.
To be fair to Craig, he can’t continue a total lack of ambition if he hasn’t even stepped through the door barely as owner yet. I’m willing to give him some time for him to back up his comments about having a philosophy to sign u23 Premier League players etc. Let’s see.

To be fair to Craig, he can’t continue a total lack of ambition if he hasn’t even stepped through the door barely as owner yet. I’m willing to give him some time for him to back up his comments about having a philosophy to sign u23 Premier League players etc. Let’s see.
Since he held out Josh Harrop as an example of the success of this policy, I'm not too hopeful.

Since he held out Josh Harrop as an example of the success of this policy, I'm not too hopeful.
The demise of Josh Harrop remains a mystery to me. How has he declined to a point where he cant get in our 25 man squad & seemingly would struggle to hold down a place in a League 1 side? On paper he was exactly the kind of player we should be looking to bring in... Young, on the fringes of a top Premier League team, 1st team appearances & scoring a worldy. He has shown flashes of talent and had a purple spell when he was nominated for Championship player of the month. Has he been mismanaged? Is it his attitude? Or a mixture of both?

The demise of Josh Harrop remains a mystery to me. How has he declined to a point where he cant get in our 25 man squad & seemingly would struggle to hold down a place in a League 1 side? On paper he was exactly the kind of player we should be looking to bring in... Young, on the fringes of a top Premier League team, 1st team appearances & scoring a worldy. He has shown flashes of talent and had a purple spell when he was nominated for Championship player of the month. Has he been mismanaged? Is it his attitude? Or a mixture of both?

Mismanaged, lack of ability in recognising young talent and developing it, two other examples Brownhill and Dolan.

Mismanaged, lack of ability in recognising young talent and developing it, two other examples Brownhill and Dolan.
Yeah, for all Ridsdale's manly emphasis on Men's Football (to justify our Category 3 academy while our Championship rivals run at least Cat 2), he managed to give the player totally unsuited to men's football a 3 year contract extension, while letting the other 2 leave, to instantly establish themselves in men's football.

Harrop was a terrible example of buying a premiership youngster. He can score the odd goal from 25 yards. That's about it. No other discernible talents in terms of championship level football.

And an absolute car crash of a player for a team like North End who largely depend on all 11 players to maintain their shape, show defensive responsibility and work their ass off in all phases of play.

I've absolutely no idea why the club extended his contract. Cos I certainly don't think AN wanted the player and Frankie certainly doesn't.

A full academy with a u-23 squad would cost less than that three year extension is gonna cost us in total. But we refuse to entertain the idea.

Ridsdale stated yesterday he likes using our budget on buying players (rather than things like recruitment staffing). Seemingly it matters not if the players are shit or injury prone.

Why does he prefer to spend our cash on players rather than enhancing our infrastructure with a proper academy or more non-playing staff?

Buying more crap players to sit outside the 25 man squad doesn't benefit the club or fans. What benefit does it bring Ridsdale?

A new owner may be attracted by the risk/reward potential of “one good season” leading to a windfall and potentially sustaining success with parachute payments.

If you think about it, it’s probably a cheaper model in the long run than sinking 15m a season into treading water.

Interesting LEP piece on this topic - featuring quotes that weren't included in Lancs Live's so-called "every word..." piece yesterday.

There's clearly no active search for alternative investment or ownership going on.

Ridsdale seems to think club ownership changes just happen, while he's busy doing something else.