PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Flags for Deepdale 2022/2023 - PNE Online supporting North End Soul

pnegsd

#

As we now look ahead to a new season and ST prices, the first of hopefully more positive initiatives, can this be the year we put together an organised fan display group on match days?

Post COVID, tifo/ultra whatever you want to call them groups have seen a massive rise in prominence - especially in Scottish football!

I'd be happy to be part of putting together the early stages of an organised group to help support the team and meet to discuss a way forward but of course, we need to bring together a community of like-minded fans to make a start.

These things take time and a degree of investment over time but there are COUNTLESS models to follow in the footsteps of.

Palace – Holmesdale Fanatics
Huddersfield – Cow Shed
Newcastle – Wor Flags
N. Forest – Forza Garribaldi
Ipswich – Blue Action 1878
Argyle – PAFC_displays
Leicester – Union FS
Boro – Red Faction

#MODS could we possibly pin a thread to bring together people who would like to see this happen and discuss?

Last edited by a moderator:
As a forum this is something we are very keen to move forward with.

We have our two flags which the fans paid for which we want to get on display as often as possible.

However, there isn't that many of us and what we need is a pool of fans that can organise and get these things going on a regular basis.

We have agreed to sit down with the club in the summer in terms of what else we can do moving forward in terms of tifo's flags and the like moving forward to build on the fantastic stuff we didn't in such a short space of time.

Whilst the forum are happy to be the 'backbone' we certainly need a group of fans on matchdays to push forward with what we come up with.

argyle.jpg

dundee2.jpg

palace.jpg

forrest.jpg

Shutterstock-12865692am.jpg

As a forum this is something we are very keen to move forward with.

We have our two flags which the fans paid for which we want to get on display as often as possible.

However, there isn't that many of us and what we need is a pool of fans that can organise and get these things going on a regular basis.

We have agreed to sit down with the club in the summer in terms of what else we can do moving forward in terms of tifo's flags and the like moving forward to build on the fantastic stuff we didn't in such a short space of time.

Whilst the forum are happy to be the 'backbone' we certainly need a group of fans on matchdays to push forward with what we come up with.

Absolutely - the forum can help to direct people and continue links with the club to support this aspiration.

I'd be willing to support in any way with any club discussions and hopefully others that read this can start to raise a hand and we can begin to put together some kind of group with a clear ethos and direction.

I love the idea of something like this. I watched the Frankfurt europa game the other night and the display at the start was astonishing!!
I think a drummer/s are a key part of any atmosphere, I know we have one but think we need to do something similar to Coventry. The atmosphere they generated at their place was incredible.

Put my name on the list.
Got a a ST on the STF next season, there must be something that can spark some life back into that stand - I've fond memories of games on there when it was bouncing.

A dedicated singing section is needed in the middle of the town end behind the goal. It might upset a few ST holders initially, but is needed
At a time when we're trying to attract new ST holders, upsetting them is probably not the best idea.

A dedicated singing section doesn't have to be in the middle of the town end behind the goal at all.

A dedicated singing section is needed in the middle of the town end behind the goal. It might upset a few ST holders initially, but is needed

This won't happen given season tickets already on sale. I would argue that the dedicated singing section is the Kop when open for home fans for many games next season.

I noticed yesterday that they had the Boro drummer smack bang in the middle.

I would certainly move the drummers to the middle of the Town End rather than stuck in the corner.

We will do what we can but need engagement from lots of fans especially on the Town End in order to progress with this.

I’d be up for it, I think it creates a better atmosphere all round the ground when you have a section going at it all game… encourages others to join in.

The kop is the obvious place to put it, games when that isn’t possible bottom corner of the town end right next to the tunnel.

This won't happen given season tickets already on sale. I would argue that the dedicated singing section is the Kop when open for home fans for many games next season.

I noticed yesterday that they had the Boro drummer smack bang in the middle.

I would certainly move the drummers to the middle of the Town End rather than stuck in the corner.

We will do what we can but need engagement from lots of fans especially on the Town End in order to progress with this.
Drummer has to be in the middle. I sit just over half way up behind the goal and the problem is that the drummer and singers in the corner often end up out of time with the singers to my right as I face the pitch. This causes many songs and chants etc to peter out. Put the drummer in the middle and this won’t happen.

Just hear (read) me out on this....
Late 80s.,early 90s we had a very active fans initiative... Cant recall their name.. Pfp or psc... Summat like that. Anyway they seemed to be in close contact with the club at the time. Don't know what happened to them but they fizzled out.
I agree it's time to re-engage with the club and ground safety officer and police to get some atmosphere back in the ground on match days, be it flags, balloons.. Whatever....

Needs to happen. Atmosphere at Deepdale is awful. Get the Drummer in the middle of the Town End, like at derby for example where the whole stand are on their feet, creating an atmosphere. And for flags, get them back up above the Invincibles permanently

I mentioned something like this years back now, in relation to flags and a signing section. At the games currently, we have myself and 4 mates that start most of all the songs at the games to be honest. One of the first things that needs to go or improved upon is the drummers and their few friends that start to sing these embarrassing songs for 5 minutes with no one joining in until one of our 5 starts a proper one. This is why I say about changing who has the drum as they can ruin the atmosphere whenever they want as they have possession of the drum, and chose what song they want to sing.

I have a history in some European ultras, and contacts for that matter too with help and support, and would be more than willing to even run the thing in relation to designs, organisation, flags, megaphone at the front. You're going to struggle getting the drum or singing section in the middle, but the left side where the drum currently is can work. What they could do is add safe standing on the far left of the Town End, with a stand at the bottom for the "leader" and drummer(s) to help. If no to safe standing, then to just help us with flags, tifos, and the such in relation to financing.

Or, as some others say, the Kop is the obvious place too, except on games where we can't be there, then the top left of the Town End isn't too bad either.

I mentioned something like this years back now, in relation to flags and a signing section. At the games currently, we have myself and 4 mates that start most of all the songs at the games to be honest. One of the first things that needs to go or improved upon is the drummers and their few friends that start to sing these embarrassing songs for 5 minutes with no one joining in until one of our 5 starts a proper one. This is why I say about changing who has the drum as they can ruin the atmosphere whenever they want as they have possession of the drum, and chose what song they want to sing.

I have a history in some European ultras, and contacts for that matter too with help and support, and would be more than willing to even run the thing in relation to designs, organisation, flags, megaphone at the front. You're going to struggle getting the drum or singing section in the middle, but the left side where the drum currently is can work. What they could do is add safe standing on the far left of the Town End, with a stand at the bottom for the "leader" and drummer(s) to help. If no to safe standing, then to just help us with flags, tifos, and the such in relation to financing.

Megaphones would do my tits in, I’m all for flags, displays before the game etc etc but thinking more old town end sort of thing rather than the European ultra style.

I wonder now and again what happened to the band? Used to have trumpets going, snare drums and the lot be great to have them back.

At a time when we're trying to attract new ST holders, upsetting them is probably not the best idea.

A dedicated singing section doesn't have to be in the middle of the town end behind the goal at all.
Agreed, the Palace singing section is in the corner and front behind the goals…..

They make an incredible noise and generate a great atmosphere.

Agreed, the Palace singing section is in the corner and front behind the goals…..

They make an incredible noise and generate a great atmosphere.
You can hear them from the TV yes there in the corner few wear black t shirts