PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Flags for Deepdale 2022/2023 - PNE Online supporting North End Soul

Would love to see something like this.
Been to a few games in Germany and the atmosphere is usually fantastic (better than the footy usually as I have a history of 0-0's)
Best one was FC St Pauli v Union Berlin in the 2nd tier, you can guess the score!
But closer to home, the Palace fans are always amazing and I bet they have helped their team to a good 6 points plus for the season.
I am back to being a season ticket holder on the town end and now a lot older than the last time I was one, but if I can help I will.

Been to a few games in Germany and the atmosphere is usually fantastic (better than the footy usually as I have a history of 0-0's)
Best one was FC St Pauli v Union Berlin in the 2nd tier, you can guess the score!
But closer to home, the Palace fans are always amazing and I bet they have helped their team to a good 6 points plus for the season.
I am back to being a season ticket holder on the town end and now a lot older than the last time I was one, but if I can help I will.
I’d be happy to put my name in here

I love the idea of something like this. I watched the Frankfurt europa game the other night and the display at the start was astonishing!!
I think a drummer/s are a key part of any atmosphere, I know we have one but think we need to do something similar to Coventry. The atmosphere they generated at their place was incredible.

I’d be up for it, I think it creates a better atmosphere all round the ground when you have a section going at it all game… encourages others to join in.

The kop is the obvious place to put it, games when that isn’t possible bottom corner of the town end right next to the tunnel.

Put my name on the list.
Got a a ST on the STF next season, there must be something that can spark some life back into that stand - I've fond memories of games on there when it was bouncing.

Or, as some others say, the Kop is the obvious place too, except on games where we can't be there, then the top left of the Town End isn't too bad either.

And so it begins...a rogue team is forming 😂🙌

And so it begins...a rogue team is forming 😂🙌

Good to see.

As we have said the forum would be delighted to build on the flags and do anything we can to help improve the atmosphere at Deepdale.

One word of caution a "ultras" style approach may not be what we need. We don't want to copy other clubs and do things our way.

If we can get the Town End and Kop both at it when both open then it will be great.

For impact though tifo's banners, flags and the like probably best focused on the Town End which with Season ticket sales so far could be quite full each game.

PNESGD - Send us a message with your Instagram if you have it, I don't have any other social media accounts haha.

Regarding megaphone, that was more in line with if we have a large base of supporters joining in ie. the whole of the town end, then we will need one. Given the Kop anyways, one won't be needed, nor would the section in the town end, whether that be on the side or middle.

Like mentioned, I would love to be a part of this, remember a few years back myself and another 2 young lads mentioned something like this on here (I was under a different name then). Already got a tifo design for first game of the season haha, though tifos have to be painted, not printed, that's the first rule though of fanatics/ultras haha

PNESGD - Send us a message with your Instagram if you have it, I don't have any other social media accounts haha.

Regarding megaphone, that was more in line with if we have a large base of supporters joining in ie. the whole of the town end, then we will need one. Given the Kop anyways, one won't be needed, nor would the section in the town end, whether that be on the side or middle.

Like mentioned, I would love to be a part of this, remember a few years back myself and another 2 young lads mentioned something like this on here (I was under a different name then). Already got a tifo design for first game of the season haha, though tifos have to be painted, not printed, that's the first rule though of fanatics/ultras haha

Anything over about 6ft needs to be fire certified.

Megaphone won't be allowed.

Anything over about 6ft needs to be fire certified.

Megaphone won't be allowed.
ahh that makes sense to why British tifos are often printed then. Even so, they still look fantastic!
Re. megaphone. That's great, i'm just always optimistic and envision the whole of the town end stood up bouncing 😅

I’m 55 this year and sit in the middle of the Town end about 2/3 of the way up.

I’m more vocal than anyone around me of whatever age. A couple of seasons ago I decided to shut up for a full game to see what happened. It’s not scientific but the chants didn’t spread around me. I did it again in one half earlier this season and it was the same.

If you start singing, others around you will join in. It’s really really simple!

Drum to the middle at the back. Go for it

ahh that makes sense to why British tifos are often printed then. Even so, they still look fantastic!
Re. megaphone. That's great, i'm just always optimistic and envision the whole of the town end stood up bouncing 😅

The rules and regulations in the UK are quite strict which obviously puts the prices up.

Also there are rules with what size poles and what they are made of you can have etc.

Also having flags on poles on a split kop is a no go area, however there is the option to display flags.

We have already spoken to PNE and our flag suppliers so can put together a new fundraising page and see where it takes us.

If there is a will there is a way.

I don’t know if this is correct but it seems to me that in the prime location on the town end it is occupied by many of our older fans.
I think that this is down to just cost and they are well entrenched in there now.

Just wonder if the section of the Finney close to the Shankley that seems to be the least populated of that stand could be offered at the same price as the Town End it may encourage some to relocate.

Would also help if the Town End could be made unreserved or at least a section of it for the “singing section”
Don’t know if there are rules about unreserved seating that comes with all seated stadiums?

Good to see.

As we have said the forum would be delighted to build on the flags and do anything we can to help improve the atmosphere at Deepdale.

One word of caution a "ultras" style approach may not be what we need. We don't want to copy other clubs and do things our way.

If we can get the Town End and Kop both at it when both open then it will be great.

For impact though tifo's banners, flags and the like probably best focused on the Town End which with Season ticket sales so far could be quite full each game.
Agreed it needs to unite fans not cause division. Success is all down to numbers and 12 lads with a couple of scarves won't move things forward! 😂

WOR Flags paint on rolls of fire retardant fabric

WOR Flags paint on rolls of fire retardant fabric

Been speaking to the lad ar WOR and they are all stiched lettering.

"tifo" displays would have to be for specific fixtures so the planning and organisation. Having full stands is almost a must really or they would look a bit silly.

After very brief discussion with PNE we probably be best initially go for lots of various flags of various sizes and patterns/images.

We can then work out a way that they are made available for fans to collect and return on match days or dished out and collected by said groups of fans.

This combined with the Skyline flag and on occasion the Sir Tom Flag could have a really good impact and wouldn't take too much effort once in place.

As an example at Newcastle but obviously on a smaller scale.
flag-day-1617.jpg

Last edited:

"tifo" displays would have to be for specific fixtures so the planning and organisation. Having full stands is almost a must really or they would look a bit silly.

After very brief discussion with PNE we probably be best initially go for lots of various flags of various sizes and patterns/images.

We can then work out a way that they are made available for fans to collect and return on match days or dished out and collected by said groups of fans.

This combined with the Skyline flag and on occasion the Sir Tom Flag could have a really good impact and wouldn't take too much effort once in place.
I was just thinking of one for first game of the season - picture of Ryan Lowe fist bumping on a tifo in the middle, then wording at the bottom of "Ryan Lowe's super White Army", with navy and white flags flying on either side by rest of the town end. Would look good, everyone involved in the town end and good way to support Ryan and the lads at start of the season.

As an example at Newcastle but obviously on a smaller scale.
View attachment 7296
Exactly my thoughts no need for too many tifos to begin with... We have 2 good sized banners.

Start to build up a collection of wavers to keep every game...

Hmmmm. Maybe they've changed the way they do it as the account replied to me and said painted 😂?

This is one of their videos....
Screenshot-20220508-142532-com-google-android-youtube.jpg

Fair enough.

Last edited by a moderator: