PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Fleetwood Town v PNE - 25/07/23 - KO:7PM - Friendly

No, think he died quite a while ago Ando
Sorry to hear that, if its true, he was always chatty, friendly and quite funny when he reffed @Penny Home on Friday nights. We played there for around 8 years and i'm pretty sure he was there most of that time. Was actually quite surprised to see him later on as a FL Ref, just because of his easy going demeanour doing the fun stuff, i suppose.

Sorry to hear that, if its true, he was always chatty, friendly and quite funny when he reffed @Penny Home on Friday nights. We played there for around 8 years and i'm pretty sure he was there most of that time. Was actually quite surprised to see him later on as a FL Ref, just because of his easy going demeanour doing the fun stuff, i suppose.
Did you have a few Man City supporters in your team? I can recall a tall, aggressive team from Ashton of a similar name.

Yes, a grand bloke, easy going and aways there for advice when I took up the whistle.
Think he was involved in the motor trade and later was involved with the catering at the .L.F.A.

Did you have a few Man City supporters in your team? I can recall a tall, aggressive team from Ashton of a similar name.
No we where from in and around the Lostock Hall/Leyland area. We played as Cuerden Villa in (shock horror) claret and blue. When we played there was a team of ex PNE A Team/Reserves who won everything, I think Peter Sayer turned out for them a few times. TBH i cant now remember any names other than a Team from Clifton. If i remember rightly there was 4 divisions of about 8 teams 2 up, 2 down. During the 8 years or so we played there we went through the Divs up and down numerous times!!! Circa 1980 - 1988 ish.

No we where from in and around the Lostock Hall/Leyland area. We played as Cuerden Villa in (shock horror) claret and blue. When we played there was a team of ex PNE A Team/Reserves who won everything, I think Peter Sayer turned out for them a few times. TBH i cant now remember any names other than a Team from Clifton. If i remember rightly there was 4 divisions of about 8 teams 2 up, 2 down. During the 8 years or so we played there we went through the Divs up and down numerous times!!! Circa 1980 - 1988 ish.
Thanks for info. I played 72 to 74 I can't remember what we were called.

We played Fridays, then refreshed in the Theatre /Black Bull !
Do remember a team called Clifton, red I think they played in, we played in yellow/blue.