PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Flintoff Genealogy programme

Regardless

-
Patron
On ITV right now. Some decent shots from around Preston that some will find interesting. Of course it will be on the ITV+1 channel shortly.

I absolutely loved his pride for all things Preston. I really enjoyed the programme it was funny in parts. I know around Gammul Lane well but I can’t place the street his childhood house was on.

I absolutely loved his pride for all things Preston. I really enjoyed the programme it was funny in parts. I know around Gammul Lane well but I can’t place the street his childhood house was on.
It was one of the streets near Blessed Sac church I think Joan.

I know he went to Greenlands primary and Ribby Hall high school.

It was one of the streets near Blessed Sac church I think Joan.

I know he went to Greenlands primary and Ribby Hall high school.
Thanks, I know it now, the street looked familiar but I just couldn’t place it. I was thinking nearer to Gammull though.

I lived in Franklands Drive at the back of the Clock Garage for 28 years ....... It was good when he said to Jamie Redknapp " It was a bit rough around here, but everyone looked out for each other " - He was right, i never felt threatened walking about the streets at night.

I absolutely loved his pride for all things Preston.
I agree Joan and i loved the bit at the end when his DNA test came back and proved that he was 60% Preston, 22% Scottish and 18% Viking.... He was so thrilled about the Preston bit.

For me the only thing that he let himself down with in recent years ( apart from the pedolo incident ) was when he moved to Cheshire and suddenly pretended to be a Man City fan , kicking a ball about on the pitch at the Etihad in a City shirt........ I think he soon realised the errors of his ways though !!!

His Great Granddad Albert was a rum lad......... Him and his wife bought a shop and were selling things for less than they had bought them !!!

Mind you, it all became clear later that he had some mental health issues caused by the World Wars......... Having said that, he won a " Victory Medal " which is something i wont ever be able to say that i did............

Blows my mind that so many people saw this when it was actually broadcast...

I think it shows a shift in how people watch TV these days but aside from the footy I don't watch anything while it is actually shown. I only watch recordings, or catch up TV so I pick and choose what I watch and when I watch it, I couldn't tell you the last time I just flicked through the channels. I plan on watching the DNA programme but it wouldn't even cross my mind to have watched when it was being broadcast.

Sorry, massive tangent, I just thought it was interesting...

I think it shows a shift in how people watch TV these days but aside from the footy I don't watch anything while it is actually shown. I only watch recordings, or catch up TV so I pick and choose what I watch and when I watch it, I couldn't tell you the last time I just flicked through the channels. I plan on watching the DNA programme but it wouldn't even cross my mind to have watched when it was being broadcast.

I watched it from record at silly o’clock during a bout of insomnia.

No we don’t watch anything live apart from sport..... we started watching the programme about 20 minutes after it had started. That way you can cut the ads out....

Lauderdale Crescent Joan....
Is that where he lived Ando?

I know they turned off down there but when he mentioned his dad doing the house up I thought it looked like it was near Saccy church.

I noticed when he said his first kiss was with a girl off Moor Nook, I said to the missus, she’ll have been classy😂

Joking of course, I know plenty of people off Moor Nook, all good people who’d do anything for you👍🏻

I also worked at pricewise in the school holidays and one of my best friends at school, his dad owned Figaros until it was sold a few years ago.

I don’t think it’s been the same since which is a shame.

I loved the food there👌🏻

I lived in Franklands Drive at the back of the Clock Garage for 28 years ....... It was good when he said to Jamie Redknapp " It was a bit rough around here, but everyone looked out for each other " - He was right, i never felt threatened walking about the streets at night.

I grew up on Brookfield, across the road from the primary school.

Loved it and as Fred said rightly😉, it was a bit rough but we never had one bit of trouble in 15 years of living there.

I‘ve walked the dog through there a few times and it looks a right state now sadly🙁

Amazing memories for me though!

I know they turned off down there but when he mentioned his dad doing the house up I thought it looked like it was near Saccy church.

I noticed when he said his first kiss was with a girl off Moor Nook, I said to the missus, she’ll have been classy😂

Joking of course, I know plenty of people off Moor Nook, all good people who’d do anything for you👍🏻

I also worked at pricewise in the school holidays and one of my best friends at school, his dad owned Figaros until it was sold a few years ago.

I loved the food there👌🏻

Loved it and as Fred said rightly😉, it was a bit rough but we never had one bit of trouble in 15 years of living there.

I‘ve walked the dog through there a few times and it looks a right state now sadly🙁

"I know plenty of people off Moor Nook, all good people who’d do anything for you"

That's probably why he got with the lass from Moor Nook.

I won’t hear a bad word about Fred.

He was first class when I met him on pedalo day.

Sure I’ve been to that Kings Arms pub near Waterloo before a North End game.

Jamie seems alright as well.

I loved the food there👌🏻

Figaros was buzzin'.

I loved the food there👌🏻

It was the same with me growing up in a mixture of the Callon and Ribbleton. Always felt safe as a kid walking home but then again everyone seemed to know each other in their neighbourhoods. It's not like that now, many folk don't even know who lives next door to them.