PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Forest Green Rovers

Have I Got News For You showed a picture of FGR players at Greggs. I'm pretty sure one of them was Jon Parkin.

parkin.JPG

It could be seen as bitterness in the immediate aftermath of losing a play-off final, but it's hard to disagree with a lot of what Micky Mellon said.

There's a fair few clubs in the non-league with lots of ambition but it's hard to get over that hurdle into the football league because only 2 teams go up. Meanwhile you have quite a few sides, as Mellon said, just hanging on really every season in League 2.

It should really be 3 each way like most of the other divisions.

Mark Palios , their former defender and FA Chairman was very magnanimous - My Dad's mate goes out on the bus pass - I go through the old LEPs and Echoes that he buys - sometimes ! you get bits and pieces of interest

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ranmere-bounce-back-stronger-wembley-13036861

" Micky, Nicky and I had last night to lick our wounds but this morning we have dusted ourselves off and started the important business of building on this year, to do everything we can to make sure we go one step better next year and secure our return to the Football League.

"In Micky we have a great manager with a passion and understanding for this Club and we have budgeted to make sure we will again have a very competitive, top third, budget for next season. We need to stay focused on getting our injured players fit again and addressing areas where we need to strengthen. But we were not far off this year - if we keep doing the right things, and stick together, we will get there and get Tranmere back where it belongs.

"One year ago today, Forest Green were licking their wounds having lost the play-off final, and today they are celebrating promotion. Everyone working at the Club will be focused on making sure that next year it is us celebrating. "

"But we should also balance the disappointment with pride in many other aspects of what we have done on the pitch this year. We ended the season with a Club record 95 points - more than 2 points a game. In any other division that would have won automatic promotion. We reached the semi-finals of the Trophy and the play-off finals, earning the Club's first trip to Wembley in 17 years. "

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ws/downbeat-micky-mellon-admits-best-13034420 Micky Mellon admits that the best team won

Last edited:
He strikes me as a man operating at the bleeding edge of technology.

(We got automatic turnstiles quite recently)

I'm guessing we'll be seeing Bitcoin dispensing machines at regular intervals on all concourses and executive boxes. Insert your cash and, voila, a receipt for Bitcoin at a rate of exchange determined by Hemmings himself.

So, what exactly is wrong with creating a win-lose situation 😉?

It's that good old entrepreneurial spirit!!

I'm guessing we'll be seeing Bitcoin dispensing machines at regular intervals on all concourses and executive boxes. Insert your cash and, voila, a receipt for Bitcoin at a rate of exchange determined by Hemmings himself.

So, what exactly is wrong with creating a win-lose situation 😉?

It's that good old entrepreneurial spirit!!
Can you imagine Trev and Riddsy, deep in conversation about bitcoin rates 😂

"Huh? What's that Peter? A digital cryptocurrency? What the bloody hell you on about man."

He strikes me as a man operating at the bleeding edge of technology.

(We got automatic turnstiles quite recently)

Is he hell...He's operating on his terms and will do until he snuffs it.Technology has naff all to do with it or he wouldn't be a billionaire..... PNE remains his until someone comes forward and pays him back what he has " invested"....which won't happen.

Is he hell...He's operating on his terms and will do until he snuffs it.Technology has naff all to do with it or he wouldn't be a billionaire..... PNE remains his until someone comes forward and pays him back what he has " invested"....which won't happen.
I reckon Barky is a secret bitcoin guru, and could advise Trev how to make a killing.

I reckon Barky is a secret bitcoin guru, and could advise Trev how to make a killing.

Barky was a dam good signing and is a dam good bloke........ Almost quit football but his transfer to us enabled Morecambe to pay their wages and Hemmings did all that. Why the feck he doesn't rate him is beyond me.

What's bitcoin?

Barky was a dam good signing and is a dam good bloke........ Almost quit football but his transfer to us enabled Morecambe to pay their wages and Hemmings did all that. Why the feck he doesn't rate him is beyond me.

What's bitcoin?
Just a passing fad.