Former PNE Players Thread

kbd_pne

First Team
Adam Reach has just scored an absolutely sensational goal. Recall he did something similar last season too. Always been top quality at this level IMO.

Muzza

Reserve
Read his book, not a bad one. He doesn't seem to think too highly of ex PNE employees, Phil Brown and Graham Alexander.
Surprisingly, he said Westley was a decent bloke, but, didn't agree with his training methods.
Don't think he agreed with training full stop did he? ;-)

paddysr

Staff member
Patron
Adam Reach has just scored an absolutely sensational goal. Recall he did something similar last season too. Always been top quality at this level IMO.
Absolute screamer wasnt it? The equalizer wasnt too bad either

janiejones

First Team
Boyle scored an og for Dundee, O'Connor conceded a penalty, which was missed, and then substituted. Horgan, along with David Gray, doing well for Hibs.

Many Clouds

Youth Team
Chris Humphrey has announced his retirement today. I felt he was decent as a wingback and despite his limitations always gave 100% for us.

northender1881

First Team
Chris Humphrey has announced his retirement today. I felt he was decent as a wingback and despite his limitations always gave 100% for us.
Certainly couldn't fault his efforts, as you say, always 100%.

The biggest frustration I had with him was his seemingly inability to use his pace. On the odd occasions we saw it, he was absolutely rapid, and yet would seem to constantly hold off trying to beat a full back with it, even when he had plenty of space in behind. I still believe he'd have been a hell of a lot better had he had the confidence to use what he had.

kbd_pne

First Team
Seems it’s down to injury, he says 2-3 years ago. Think it’s a shin injury he picked up with us in October 2015. It was meant to keep him out for 2 months but actually kept him out for the rest of the season.

Hard-worker and strong athlete but lacked the technical ability, especially at Championship level.

sf

Manager
A key player for us in League One, part of a strong unit in two play-off campaigns.

If it wasn't for injuries then he would have still been a useful squad player in the Championship for a season or two, more so than Vermijl anyway.

northender1881

First Team
A key player for us in League One, part of a strong unit in two play-off campaigns.

If it wasn't for injuries then he would have still been a useful squad player in the Championship for a season or two, more so than Vermijl anyway.
Vermijl wouldn't even be fit to clean the likes of Humphreys boots, in more ways than one, given he'd probably feign off with yet another pathetic injury.

PNE Plungy

Youth Team
Good luck with your future Humphs.

He was distinctly below the quality required for us though. And should probably have hung up his boots 6 or 7 years ago. He wasn't completely shite, but wasn't far off it.

Preston1880

Forum Patron
Patron

Agreed.

He was superb at tracking back to give the RB defensive support when played as a winger. Technically limited but a workhorse and did a good job in his time with us in the Championship. Brilliant in League one.

Good luck Christopher.

Last edited:

Dirty Harry

First Team
Chris was an important part of our two play off seasons in L1 and for a long while was one of the first names on Grayson's team sheet. Gutted for the lad, nice fella, and I wish him well for the future.