Former PNE Players Thread

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
How is Covid-19 shutting down the league a "situation of their own creation"?
They offered him a contract, they have found themselves in a situation where they can't afford the contract. They have tried to get him to take a voluntary pay cut. He has refused. They have then tried to humiliate him publicly.

They were paying him a wage many league one clubs couldn't afford. I have zero sympathy with them

NORTHENDRTOPS

French scout
I agree with Raefil on this washing dirty linen in public isn't ever going to show you as a decent business. The lad has a point, but this sort of discussion should have been kept in house IMO. Incidentally I think the statement put out by Fylde is very poorly written with poor grammar I almost thought it may be a spoof at first, weak . Not the best company in the world.

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
My uncle used to work in a garage and Andy McAteer took his car in but had left his pay slip on the dashboard!

He used to live next door to a family member when he was playing for us first time round. I have a suspicion he wasn’t earning a huge amount at the time.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
My uncle used to work in a garage and Andy McAteer took his car in but had left his pay slip on the dashboard!
I can’t imagine that Andy will have been earning a fortune Harry..... probably more than Joe Public but not disgusting like today’s wages.

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
Were quite a number of his games when we were in the 4th tier? All gets a bit hazy with the passage of time ☺

No - he started out when we were in division 2 (now championship) but played most of his games in division 3. Left not long after John McGrath took charge in division 4, went to some little Lancashire club, and then McGrath brought him back in division 3 before a badly broken leg led to his career being virtually finished.

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
No - he started out when we were in division 2 (now championship) but played most of his games in division 3. Left not long after John McGrath took charge in division 4, went to some little Lancashire club, and then McGrath brought him back in division 3 before a badly broken leg led to his career being virtually finished.
Okay thanks for clarifying things for my fuzzy memory. Obviously around earlier than I thought. (y)

Ive started another thread on this, apologies hadnt seen this.

Fylde, for me, have no right to reveal anybodies wages whatever their dispute with him. Ive said this for a long time that Ive never undertood the love in with Fylde, theyre a totally classless bunch of bitter ex lasher wasters.
Totally agree with you there Raefil. What Fylde are doing on the local youth grassroots scene is selling a false dream o the gullible and having a negative unpopular impact