Former PNE Players Thread

LancasterRed

Mad Scientist
Patron
Josh Brownhill's Burnley curse continues. Runs away to celebrate scoring for Burnley only for it to turn out Aubameyang had put it in his own net. Still no goals or assists in the PL for him.

bigtallsi

Forum Patron
Patron

Our old friend Nigel Jemson talking to the Beast and Chris Brown.

Certainly was confident in his own ability....
Was a mate of mine at school, same year. And yes, I can confirm, the boy did not lack confidence even then!!

However I did beat him in the 1982 school table tennis tournament. Think he's still a bit sore about this

Roger Mellie

Forum Patron
Patron
Not ex player but as I was flicking through the channels, I came across Phil Brown on free sports, commentating on the Indian Super league.
His outfit he was wearing was magnificent. He looked a cross between bollywood, liberace and David Dickenson.
By all acounts he has been coaching in India for a couple of years. No idea if he's took Ian Ashbee with him and gave him a bumper contract.

Doc Brown

Advisor to the Owner
Not ex player but as I was flicking through the channels, I came across Phil Brown on free sports, commentating on the Indian Super league.
His outfit he was wearing was magnificent. He looked a cross between bollywood, liberace and David Dickenson.
By all acounts he has been coaching in India for a couple of years. No idea if he's took Ian Ashbee with him and gave him a bumper contract.

Coaching in obscurity in India is about right for Brown’s career progression.

And to think he was touting himself for the England job whilst he was at Hull.

Josh Ginnelly came on as a 57th minute sub today in the Scottish cup final v Celtic. Missed two good chances but took the corner from which Hearts scored their second goal. He then scored their third goal in extra time to take it to pens. Hearts lost 4-3 on pens. Ginnelly didnt take one.

Josh Ginnelly came on as a 57th minute sub today in the Scottish cup final v Celtic. Missed two good chances but took the corner from which Hearts scored their second goal. He then scored their third goal in extra time to take it to pens. Hearts lost 4-3 on pens. Ginnelly didnt take one.
Just seen Ernest's just watching thread. Oops.

KeithLard

Advisor to the Owner
It is no surprise to see Burnley struggling with Brownhill a first team starter. No idea why they bought him. He's not good enough for the Premier League.

janiejones

Forum Patron
Patron
Brett Ormerod is working for DPD, delivering parcels in the Preston area. Also working for DPD at the same depot, ex Shitpool player, John Hills.

bigtallsi

Forum Patron
Patron
Peter Sayer has delivered takeaways from a restaurant in Penwortham the last few times I've ordered from them.
Didn't he run a boozer in town for a bit?

One of my brothers played for PNE reserves at Valley Parade mid 80's and Peter Sayer played in that game. Must have been in the doghouse for some reason

My dad drove me and a couple of others over to Bradford to watch. They had Terry Yorath who was manager at the time at centre half and a young but extremely rapid Don Goodman up front

We had Alan Kelly in goal, my brother at centre half and Mel Tottoh up front. Which coincidentally was the spine of Fulwood Amateurs at the time. Less coincidentally Alan Kelly snr was managing Fulwood at the time!!

And no, I wasn't one of the 40,000 who saw Mel make his first team debut

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
Didn't he run a boozer in town for a bit?

One of my brothers played for PNE reserves at Valley Parade mid 80's and Peter Sayer played in that game. Must have been in the doghouse for some reason

My dad drove me and a couple of others over to Bradford to watch. They had Terry Yorath who was manager at the time at centre half and a young but extremely rapid Don Goodman up front

We had Alan Kelly in goal, my brother at centre half and Mel Tottoh up front. Which coincidentally was the spine of Fulwood Amateurs at the time. Less coincidentally Alan Kelly snr was managing Fulwood at the time!!

And no, I wasn't one of the 40,000 who saw Mel make his first team debut
The Bell on Church Street was Peter Sayers pub.