Former PNE Players Thread

SF

Advisor to the Owner
Stephy Mavididi seems to be doing really well at Montpellier.

Goes to show that it's usually a waste of time judging players when they're in their teens, stepping up to senior level, unless they're absolutely unreal. A lot of them don't find their feet until they're 22/23. Look at Ben Davies, Emil Riis & Josh Earl

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
Yes .. Think it was a Monday night after we had lost at home on the Saturday to Bloody Aldershot
Memories of being shoved in a corner of the ground in an area totally unsuitable for the size of our following. Great night though, and definitely a Monday.

They had Vernon Allott on loan and we let him play, I seem to remember he and Alex Jones had a bit of handbags that could have resulted in a red card each.

janiejones

I was at Deepdale November 5th 1985
Patron
Memories of being shoved in a corner of the ground in an area totally unsuitable for the size of our following. Great night though, and definitely a Monday.

They had Vernon Allott on loan and we let him play, I seem to remember he and Alex Jones had a bit of handbags that could have resulted in a red card each.
I went to that game. I remember Steve Taylor played, he might even have scored. We won 3-1, I think.

janiejones

Patron
Ryan Croasdale & Ollie Crankshaw are ex-PNE youth at Stockport too.

Edit - already been said on the previous page.
I went to school with Ryan's dad. He was a really good runner, cross country. I was impressed with that lad on the right wing who took the long throws. If only we played with wingers.

janiejones

Patron
Stephy Mavididi seems to be doing really well at Montpellier.

Goes to show that it's usually a waste of time judging players when they're in their teens, stepping up to senior level, unless they're absolutely unreal. A lot of them don't find their feet until they're 22/23. Look at Ben Davies, Emil Riis & Josh Earl
Stop talking sense. Don't you know? Mavididi is shit. 😀🤔

ashtonwhite

First Team
I went to school with Ryan's dad. He was a really good runner, cross country. I was impressed with that lad on the right wing who took the long throws. If only we played with wingers.
did his Dad go to William Temple ? - I vaguely remember someone maybe a couple of years below me being a great runner ?