• Please support our latest project if you can. Flags for Deepdale - Sea of blue and white. https://www.gofundme.com/f/Deepdaleflags

Former PNE Players Thread

Southcoastwhite

First Team
Hugill missed an injury time chance to give West Brom three points this evening.
According to write up on BBC he put it over the bar from close range.
Boos rang around the Hawthorns at the final whistle.

northender2

Forum Patron
Patron
Hugill missed an injury time chance to give West Brom three points this evening.
According to write up on BBC he put it over the bar from close range.
Boos rang around the Hawthorns at the final whistle.
Molumby sent off earlier in the game too
West Brom booing with the team 3rd in the table, i think i might even be able to forgive McAvoys tactics if we were 3rd

Pne_Gaz

Forum Patron
Patron
Molumby sent off earlier in the game too
West Brom booing with the team 3rd in the table, i think i might even be able to forgive McAvoys tactics if we were 3rd
To be fair, Valerien Ismael is massively wasting their squad, more so than Frankie is wasting ours

SF

Advisor to the Owner
Jimmy Corcoran joins Cork after being released by us in the summer.

Remember him being tipped to trouble our first team.

Brian McManus also in that league, at Shelbourne.

noelpne

Forum Patron
Patron
Doug Holden who scored for us in the '64 Cup Final is still around, he is now 87 years old. I met his wife a couple of years ago and his granddaughter lives in Lowestoft a few miles from me.

EDIT: He was still playing 5-a-side in a league during his mid to late 60's with all the young 'uns
I know that Doug's now passed on.
R.I.P....
Of the Wembley '64 team, is it just Dave 'Tug' Wilson around now ?
Tbh the only time I heard anything was that he'd been had for D.D. , &
that was years ago.

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
David Gray managing Hibs today in their League Cup final. He’s obviously had a good career but he always looked like he was scared of the ball when he was here.