PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Former PNE Players Thread

Not many non-league games taking place today but Jack Baxter in action for Stafford Rangers at Hyde United: Northern Premier League - level 7/step 3. Bradley Roscoe who was in the youth team around the same time as Josh Brownhill and Nick Anderton is Hyde's captain.

John Mousinho bizarrely announced as Pompey manager.

I think he may be the worst midfielder I've seen play for us.

Not actually that bizarre, is it?

Chairman of the PFA and talked well even back when he signed for us. Played plenty since as skipper.

I’ll call your John Tinkler and raise you Greg Challender.
Moving from being a player to another club as manager isn't a usual occurrence, especially when they're in the same league. Pompey fans all seemed a bit baffled.

Big buddies with Alec Stewart , England wicketkeeper batsman…..

I didn’t know that but I seem to remember that he was a decent cricketer.

Found this showing John and his dad, a successful businessman, playing for some Surrey social team which could explain the AS link.

Apparently Anthony Gordon didn't report to training today.

Could certainly draw a link between this and the rumours about his behaviour at North End. Might have an attitude problem that lad. Neil was probably right not to have played him so much at the time if this is what he's like

Never heard of John Tinkler but Nicholls and Shumi played for us in the Championship and were clearly better than that raffle winner.

Fat, knee-less Ashbee also showed more talent.

Clearly better? Both were shite.

In fact speaking of shit midfielders - liam grimshaw (midfielder/full back) darly Russell, Adam Barton, Darren carter, Ben Pringle, pavl pergl, Joel byrom, that shit one from Accrington. All are up there with the worst midfielders we’ve ever had

I didn’t know that but I seem to remember that he was a decent cricketer.

Found this showing John and his dad, a successful businessman, playing for some Surrey social team which could explain the AS link.

I went to watch a t20 international between England and South Africa @ Edgbaston in about 2013 and Alec Stewart was the guest speaker ( I was in hospitality )

After he had finished speaking I managed to grab a few minutes chatting to him about football ( he’s a massive Chelsea fan ) and I explained that I supported Preston…. That’s when he told me about John Mousinho being a big mate of his..

Apparently Anthony Gordon didn't report to training today.

Could certainly draw a link between this and the rumours about his behaviour at North End. Might have an attitude problem that lad. Neil was probably right not to have played him so much at the time if this is what he's like

He's not a player for a relegation battle. And I wouldn't be signing him if I was Newcastle. He's the next Jack Rodwell.

There was one incident in particular for Everton where he just didn't bother to mark his man then when the opponent duly scored he just walked off disinterested.