PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Former PNE Players Thread

Interested to see how Meulensteen gets on this season, playing in the Dutch top flight now, could be one we should kept hold of.

Interested to see how Meulensteen gets on this season, playing in the Dutch top flight now, could be one we should kept hold of.
Think it was personal reasons we let him go rather than lack of ability wasn't it?

Very much so. Cant remember exactly but I'm sure the lad got homesick and wanted to go back to the Netherlands
I would have presumed he grew up here but don't know for sure.

His dad was at Utd in 2001, unless he commuted!

Think it was personal reasons we let him go rather than lack of ability wasn't it?
No idea why he was let go but I remember watching him in a game at Deepdale for the under 18s (I think). He was playing more of an attacking mid at that point and was captain. Thought he looked a decent player and might have ended up with pro deal with Preston at the time.

Will Keane signs a half season deal at Wigan

Meuelensteen was pro for a year and looked a powerful midfielder but left after a year

Congratulations Jimmy!

Jordan Hugill just scored a 95th minute penalty for Norwich at Rotherham.
Still have nightmares about his pen miss at Wigan which cost us a couple of points.

Danny Devine also at Partick Thistle along with Adam Barton (already mentioned). I regularly enjoy the highlights of SPL games on BBC and Danny always seems to be getting himself into trouble with referees.
Barton was a “curates egg” of a player, at PNE. At best, he looked very promising. At worst, he looked more like a pissed flamingo, on ice skates.

Barton was a “curates egg” of a player, at PNE. At best, he looked very promising. At worst, he looked more like a pissed flamingo, on ice skates.

Looks like Barton's given up on the game. Played a few games for Wrexham last season but left in February and doesn't appear to haven't had a club since.

Last edited: