PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Formula 1 - 2021

Verstappen is an absolutely abysmal sportsman. Disqualification for me.
I was thinking the same mid season, but to be fair he’s mellowed a lot and has being sporting with Lewis since then.

What a farce of a race that was. FIA cocking up, dirty driving from both sides

One things for sure, that was impressive by Hamilton. Fastest lap and race win with a damaged wing

What a farce of a race that was. FIA cocking up, dirty driving from both sides

One things for sure, that was impressive by Hamilton. Fastest lap and race win with a damaged wing
I don’t think any of that made a difference in the end. Red Bull going for the medium tyres was an error, Lewis would’ve passed Max anyway.

Anyone else feel like this isn’t over? I’ve got a feeling they won’t be going into Abu Dhabi on level points

Anyone else feel like this isn’t over? I’ve got a feeling they won’t be going into Abu Dhabi on level points
I cannot actually tell myself but think they’ll give max some kind of penalty. Looks more like a steward/engineering cock up to me

It’s ridiculous. The FIA told Max first when Hamilton should’ve got it first

I'll be glad if the if the investigations confirm that... because it's then not Mercedes' fault and Lewis might avoid a penalty. I have been twitchy that Max could have a very very good case that he has been given the instruction to give up the place - and he's geared down to slow down... and Lewis has completely f*cked up and rammed him - damaging Max's car. I'd be livid if I were Max.

I've had a child chirping in my ear during some of the key discussions... but from what I've seen... dreadful driving by Lewis because, he clearly also geared down and slowed behind Verstappen instead of sweeping past. He had no good reason for that... Lewis cocked up there by misinterpreting what was going on (unless they are lying about not giving him the message that Verstappen had to let him pass... and surely that cannot be the case). The analysis of Max's actions suggests (strongly) that he was trying to get Lewis in front before crossing the DRS line.

So RB are saying they told Max to give the space back strategically (translation, give it back in DRS so you can get it back) and then he moved back across as they reached the corner (once they were entering the detection zone). Surely that makes him the instigator?

So RB are saying they told Max to give the space back strategically (translation, give it back in DRS so you can get it back) and then he moved back across as they reached the corner (once they were entering the detection zone). Surely that makes him the instigator?
There's so much going on, I'm not sure what's what! Isn't that a description of the second time that Max let him pass though... not the one where they crashed?

It was crazy. I'm not sure 'enjoyable' is the right word. Pleased enough with the result but all a bit unsatisfactory. Someone needs to invent a suped-up roadsweeper machine that can travel at 160 mph so we don't need all these safety cars.

I ask again, who wins the WDC now? Hamilton takes it for me. Back at the top of his game in probably the quicker car now. If max tries anything and they end up colliding, he’ll get disqualified for me with the world watching. F1 cannot afford to let that kind of behaviour been seen as acceptable (they’ve pushed the limits already with what he has got away with)

I ask again, who wins the WDC now? Hamilton takes it for me. Back at the top of his game in probably the quicker car now. If max tries anything and they end up colliding, he’ll get disqualified for me with the world watching. F1 cannot afford to let that kind of behaviour been seen as acceptable (they’ve pushed the limits already with what he has got away with)

For me, Lewis has maybe a 60% chance of winning it. There are still quite a few ways in which Max can win it though - and I think a collision is the second most likely way he could do it.

In Saudi, Verstappen threw caution to the wind in qualifying and in the race. Verging on desperation/ recklessness. The opportunities will be fewer in the next one but if max makes a desperate attempt to overtake, and takes them both out… unless it’s clear cut, he can argue that it’s a racing incident because any reasonable driver would have pulled out the stops to overtake in those circumstances.

Interesting to see what strategies are used tomorrow. Max on soft so does he 1 stop and change to hard or does he stick mediums on and 2 stop

Likewise Lewis. Does he have a run on the hard or does he 2 stop and have a charge at max late on with a set of softs