PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Forum Banners of support for players at Deepdale for final games.

I don't see any point in this personally
Yet decided to come on the thread to tell everyone. 😃

I think its a great idea and these will be unique amongst the inteivatble boring corporate banners which will be on show.

If they can be retained for future seasons hopefully they can stay on show somewhere (kop for example).

Yet decided to come on the thread to tell everyone. 😃

I think its a great idea and these will be unique amongst the inteivatble boring corporate banners which will be on show.

If they can be retained for future seasons hopefully they can stay on show somewhere (kop for example).

Yeah, hopefully a few people might have a paddy about it

We've hit the £1000 mark and well on the way to our second Gentry Themed banner.

Better get the thinking caps on.

I think its a bit sad contributing to an advert for a football forum.
But no worries twat.

To be clear it is not an advert....

The more people that know about and use the forum actually costs us more money. 😂

Worth noting the idea was from a forum member and not put forward by anyone behind the scenes.

Last edited:
That’s fair enough, I respect your opinion. I’m not sure I agree about politicising it (it’s a statement of fact to me not a selling point) but we both have our views and both are valid.

For sure, I’m not suggesting politicising anything Joan. It’s just much easier to demonstrate the difference between active and passive slogans by using political examples that we understand.

I would actually like a small committee to get together to drive this - taking suggestions from the rest of us. Not easy to make happen though - but I think people like @cragtek and @JK should not fear appearing undemocratic by taking some executive powers. I think the outcome would be better.

Now we’ve had a good brainstorm, I really really would like to understand what we’re trying to achieve with the wording - to help home in on a decision. Your post highlights this. You want a statement of fact (a bit like “Britain Can Be Better” or “For The Many, Not The Few”). The latter one especially expresses a story. A statement can perhaps better let the players know how we FEEL. But me, I want an active statement - a call to action - Do something!

Both approaches are beneficial. IMO, in an empty stadium, the active one is more appropriate and potentially more effective.

For sure, I’m not suggesting politicising anything Joan. It’s just much easier to demonstrate the difference between active and passive slogans by using political examples that we understand.

I would actually like a small committee to get together to drive this - taking suggestions from the rest of us. Not easy to make happen though - but I think people like @cragtek and @JK should not fear appearing undemocratic by taking some executive powers. I think the outcome would be better.

Now we’ve had a good brainstorm, I really really would like to understand what we’re trying to achieve with the wording - to help home in on a decision. Your post highlights this. You want a statement of fact (a bit like “Britain Can Be Better” or “For The Many, Not The Few”). The latter one especially expresses a story. A statement can perhaps better let the players know how we FEEL. But me, I want an active statement - a call to action - Do something!

Both approaches are beneficial. IMO, in an empty stadium, the active one is more appropriate and potentially more effective.

I can't tell if you are being serious or taking the mick.

Give us an example of what you are thinking for the message.

I do actually agree something short and to the point would work better than a big long quote.

How about words from the old Slade single
Come on Feel The Noise,,
No? oh well, back to the drawing board :)

Shame we don't have any famous bands from Preston with lyrics we could use...

Aside from Cornershop but I dont think a brim full of asha on the 45 would make much sense.

Shame we don't have any famous bands from Preston with lyrics we could use...

Aside from Cornershop but I dont think a brim full of asha on the 45 would make much sense.

There’s always Eddie Calvert, don’t know how “Oh my Papa” would fit in though. :unsure:

Whilst we finalise the design of banner number one.

For our second Gentry themed banner we would like to add the names of as many fans who are no longer with us who would like remembering.

I will be setting up a separate thread with more details.

Although to make this happen we need a few more donations.

Thank You.