PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Forum Style Change

Can we not have the option of this Skin and the Previous Skin?

Rovers had this option on their forum.

I'd prefer the option to use the previous skin.

I think you have logged in tired again JD.

That's exactly what you can do.

I think you have logged in tired again JD.

That's exactly what you can do.
Last night on my mobile, tried to change it via preference but it wasn't having it on my mobile. I also posted before reading the rest of the thread. My error.

Just arrived home, changed back to the old skin via my PC and my phone has now reverted back to the old skin. Maybe my PC as my primary point of posting was required for the change?

I appreciate your work and the fact that some like the new format but to my eyes, I prefer the lighter skin as it is easier on my eyes.

Glad that we have both options available so everyone should be happy. šŸ‘

Any chance we can have the "new posts" button visible at all times rather than it being in the "What's new" section? I know it's only one extra click but it must be the button I hit most.

Other than that it'll take some getting used to I'm sure but looks good to me.

"Change is a process not an event" But this process (new site format) is like our renewed and replaced water system, full of shite. I just don't have this much time to keep looking for turds.
Sorry to hear your water works aren't up to scratch. You can get medication for it you know? ;)

Was a patron for a long long time, maybe you should ask yourself why no longer šŸ¤”
Because you're a Blackpool fan now? Ermmm... Because you don't like forum style changes? You're spending your patron money on home brew wine kits? Because life is a simulation?

C'mon... Don't leave us in suspenders...

Yeah, come on Cal... Tell us what happened and what you are sulking about ? :)

Just had a look at the forum on my phone. (Iphone 12) It definately is a better reading experience than the older version. On the Laptop, I'm still finding the bright white page pretty illuminating, On the up side, I''ll probably save on the Electricity bill, turned off all the lights and the Laptop screen is lighting up the room. :ROFLMAO::cool: It's glowing on me already.
Corrected for you. ;)

I donā€™t seem to have the option to change back in preferences ? Was just curious how it used to look. Iā€™m happy with change just think the PNE ONLINE at top is a bit too dominant / cartoonish. Perhaps it always wass- but I seem to recall sir Tom statue being visible.

edit. Have done it , was just use default style- a but confusing as I thought sleek was the default. And yes, the banner at the top seems the the same so it was me.

Slightly off-topic, but do we know if anyone has ever used the ā€œgift upgradeā€ feature?

I notice there still quite a few regular posters on here that donā€™t even pay the Ā£5.50 a year. I sort of think anyone with a laptop or mobile device can surely afford that, so if the measly buggers wonā€™t pay not sure why I should!

itā€™s also a Sneaky way of finding out what level of patron people are. You can only upgrade them from their current level. Itā€™s a good job itā€™s not pay per post šŸ˜‰

Slightly off-topic, but do we know if anyone has ever used the ā€œgift upgradeā€ feature?

I notice there still quite a few regular posters on here that donā€™t even pay the Ā£5.50 a year. I sort of think anyone with a laptop or mobile device can surely afford that, so if the measly buggers wonā€™t pay not sure why I should!

itā€™s also a Sneaky way of finding out what level of patron people are. You can only upgrade them from their current level. Itā€™s a good job itā€™s not pay per post šŸ˜‰
Because you support the forum and your a good person maybe ?

Because it's the right thing to do...... I have been known to mention this to the odd tight t**t poster on occasion. Especially gobby ones. :D