PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Four day bank holiday next year!!!

Dirty Harry

Patron
According to the news just now, to mark the Queen's Platinum Jubilee, there will be four days of celebration/holiday from Thursday 2nd June to Sunday 5th June. Looks like Thursday and Friday off work for many folks. Will this be in addition to the usual late May Bank Holiday on the previous Monday? I'm also assuming this will be when schools are closed anyway for the traditional Spring half term. Still, not bad though.

According to the news just now, to mark the Queen's Platinum Jubilee, there will be four days of celebration/holiday from Thursday 2nd June to Sunday 5th June. Looks like Thursday and Friday off work for many folks. Will this be in addition to the usual late May Bank Holiday on the previous Monday? I'm also assuming this will be when schools are closed anyway for the traditional Spring half term. Still, not bad though.
I think the May spring bank holiday has shifted from Monday to Thursday and the Jubilee is on the Friday so it’s only one extra day I think(that’s only based on the banking calendars we use)

edit: https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays confirms it’s only 2 days that week

I suppose those folk who don't support the Royal Family (I'm not a great fan tbh) can always ignore the celebrations and tell their bosses they don't want the time off.
Just think, a potential four days of double pay!!!! Royalist or not, it's a win-win.

I suppose those folk who don't support the Royal Family (I'm not a great fan tbh) can always ignore the celebrations and tell their bosses they don't want the time off.
Just think, a potential four days of double pay!!!! Royalist or not, it's a win-win.
Do people still get double pay? A while back now, but when I worked in retail, all you got was a day in lieu.

In much the same way non Christians volunteer to work at Christmas and Easter 😄

Do people still get double pay? A while back now, but when I worked in retail, all you got was a day in lieu.

Depends on industry I think really. Like you say retail especially and also hospitality have pretty much managed to normalise Sunday and bank holiday working into being almost normal working days now so not sure many do any extra pay and maybe just give a day in lieu (as the bank holidays are part of your minimum holiday allowance).

Contrasted with the capitalist pigs who get the day off, paid to carry their phone with them then a ridiculous hourly rate if they do get called at any point. Would still rather be undisturbed in a beer garden mind than actually getting called. No amount compensates for that

Being a retired type............I hate Bank Holidays with a passion!🤣😜

Nice one Queenie..