Four for Forty

JK

The Big Boss
Staff member
Patron
4 home games left. Come on PNE, nows your chance, lets fill the ground for these last 4 games.

Normal prices apply for those who dont buy the 4 at one go, solves the away fan problem.
Good idea.

However Trevor would never sanction it.

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
The fact we are 7th alone and 12 unbeaten with 8 victories should fill the ground, not loss making gimmicks.

If it was for every 2 adults buying, a 3rd comes free, then this would be better.

Your way has 3 adults at £30 (Town End)

My way has 3 adults at £48 (Town End).

My way has a mark up of £18. Not quite a loss maker.

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
Good idea.

However Trevor would never sanction it.
Then he needs to get his head out of his arse. Some big away supports coming up we eed to be matching and bettering them vocally.

This seems to me the best chance were going to have of finally moving up out of this league and we need every advantage to do so.

pnenycx

First Team
4 home games left. Come on PNE, nows your chance, lets fill the ground for these last 4 games.

Normal prices apply for those who dont buy the 4 at one go, solves the away fan problem.
Nah. You discount prices if we're mid table and there's nothing to play for. If folks aren't prepared to pay regular prices for a team that's got 28 points from 12 games then they'll probably start whinging if we're struggling like we have been the last 3 games and that won't help.

Next season if we're in the Championship makes matchday tickets 20 quid and adjust season ticket prices accordingly.

princeinpieces

First Team
Nah. You discount prices if we're mid table and there's nothing to play for. If folks aren't prepared to pay regular prices for a team that's got 28 points from 12 games then they'll probably start whinging if we're struggling like we have been the last 3 games and that won't help.

Next season if we're in the Championship makes matchday tickets 20 quid and adjust season ticket prices accordingly.
Season ticket prices won't be going down next season, they're likely to go up as we're still losing a fair wack each month. Probably go up by £20 per season ticket and matchday tickets on the Town End up to £25, £28 on the IP and Finney. The only way I can see the club making offers is in the under 16 market. Keeping the under 11s free and maybe offering £50 season tickets to under 16s, if bought with an adult ticket.

CMYW

Reserve
The marketplace PNE need to target is 16-21's (or even u23's). Most clubs give greater discount to this age group than we do, and their disposable income is less than previous generations. Just my thought.

princeinpieces

First Team
The marketplace PNE need to target is 16-21's (or even u23's). Most clubs give greater discount to this age group than we do, and their disposable income is less than previous generations. Just my thought.
True, I've seen away tickets discounted up to the age of 24 this season whereas we offer a similar discount to students and apprentices in the same age group. However, if past experience was anything to go by if 24 year olds could get tickets reduced regardless of employment status mypne would see a spike in registrations in that age group whereas quite a few season ticket holders aged 25-29 would suddenly stop renewing. Unfortunately I'm at the age where I look too old to pretend to be a "young adult" but nowhere near enough grey hairs to claim to be a pensioner.

epsilon

Reserve
As for the discounting suggestions, fan objections might be a concern for the club (ST holders).

Not so sure about the cash side, in this particular situation.

The difference between making the play-offs and not is ONE more guaranteed home game, with a big crowd,

And, as mentioned somewhere, gate receipts are now not the only major source of income.

Djyamo

Reserve
I genuinely don't understand our fans obsession with getting the ground full for a home game. If folk don't fancy it, why discount tickets in order to coax them out. Cos you know what'll happen. We'll do a 4 for £40 deal and people will moan that the place is full of glory supporters. Also, can anyone point out to me a stat, that shows we perform any better in front of a full house compared to an half empty stadium. A full stadium doesn't always guarantee a positive outcome. I'd rather sneak into the play off's, playing in front of an empty stadium, than pack it to the rafters and see our inexperienced players bottle it. Either way, I'll be going on and that's all that concerns me. What others do is up to them

princeinpieces

First Team
As for the discounting suggestions, fan objections might be a concern for the club (ST holders).

Not so sure about the cash side, in this particular situation.

The difference between making the play-offs and not is ONE more guaranteed home game, with a big crowd,

And, as mentioned somewhere, gate receipts are now not the only major source of income.
The half season ticket holders are the ones who'll be affected more (all 14 of them) with any discounted tickets for the final four games because they get 2 free games so any discounts negate that saving more so than season ticket holders who get around 6 free games.

A super six with one free game might have tempted a few more.

epsilon

Reserve
For people's consideration. Last four home-only gates from last season

Derby C ~12000
Leeds U 10368
Norwich 12341
Burton 14998

The 15,000 NE fans who went to the last game didn't go to see Burton's brand of football - it was the chance of getting 6th place.

I get that more on is good for the atmosphere but it's a bit unfair to us season ticket holders who were there when we were bottom of the league and have already paid for the games ahead.

I am a bit surprised there wasn't more on in October we had the whole row on the STFS to ourselves. Today there was just 2 free seats.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
tough decision. I lean to the view that we shouldn't discount, but if we do, it should be something like a 3 for 2 offer.

But there is sense to trying to get new supporters into the ground at this exciting stage of the season... more likely to catch the bug.

Just offer low ticket prices (say, a tenner) for the next one game. It might boost the crowd for that match, and if we play well with a good atmosphere, could tempt occasional fans who take up the offer back again for the remaining three games. I don't see why occasional fans should get four chances to watch us cheaply, and this would also upset ST holders much more than if it was a one-off.

The other point to consider is, the club do already offer cheap ticket incentives several times a season (pre-season friendlies and cup games) but does this really get occasional fans flooding through the gates and coming back again? Not really.

Wisemen say

Forum Patron
Patron
For people's consideration. Last four home-only gates from last season

Derby C ~12000
Leeds U 10368
Norwich 12341
Burton 14998

The 15,000 NE fans who went to the last game didn't go to see Burton's brand of football - it was the chance of getting 6th place.
But we could do with the near 15,000 home fans support for all the remaining fixtures especially against Leeds and Sheff Utd who will both bring big followings and not just the 12,000 or so who turned up yesterday for Birmingham. Would surely give the players a boost to see the home ends virtually full and create a great atmosphere.

JK

The Big Boss
Staff member
Patron
But we could do with the near 15,000 home fans support for all the remaining fixtures especially against Leeds and Sheff Utd who will both bring big followings and not just the 12,000 or so who turned up yesterday for Birmingham. Would surely give the players a boost to see the home ends virtually full and create a great atmosphere.
Which is why as a season ticket holder I don’t care if I lose a few quid of value on it.

It’s obviously been noted by the manager that the crowd was disappointing so the players will have noticed too.

The club came very very close to announcing something a couple of seasons back which would have been a great offer. However it was pulled from the IOM bunker at the last minute.

I would of course hope that should we win at Reading there will be a upturn in the attendance but I’m not so sure.

edgy

Manager
Not on your nelly
Take it from me
The strategy is to get people to go for season tickets
Not get money off when there’s a bit of good news around the place !
My view as I have said before - if we can’t get people on now with our promotion push then we never will unless their intention is to come on and see the “bigger” teams when we are in the premiership
They’d should pay exactly the same as those who showed faith and shelled out at the beginning of the season

Wisemen say

Forum Patron
Patron
Which is why as a season ticket holder I don’t care if I lose a few quid of value on it.

It’s obviously been noted by the manager that the crowd was disappointing so the players will have noticed too.

The club came very very close to announcing something a couple of seasons back which would have been a great offer. However it was pulled from the IOM bunker at the last minute.

I would of course hope that should we win at Reading there will be a upturn in the attendance but I’m not so sure.
I agree JK, I am a season ticket holder as well, would be great if we could get 15,000 or more in the home ends for the last four home games to give the players a boost, can't see it for all four games unless we give some sort of ticket offer for the four games, but don't think it will happen.