PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Fracking

sliper

Patron
Preston New Rd maybe at the centre of the news coverage at the moment but you might not know Cuadrilla has a license to frack on 80 sites in rural Lancashire

Does Cuadrilla have a fracking well planned for your area ? Check out the blue spots on this map.. PEDL165 is their license.

http://www.frackingdigest.co.uk/pedl165.jpg

Last edited:
No Fracking in buckshaw?

Bent as a nine bob note is all this.

They darent. I'm surprised they dared to build houses, there's all sorts buried there. It's a matter of time before someone trying to plant a shrub ends up three streets down after clanking a UXB with a shovel.

They darent. I'm surprised they dared to build houses, there's all sorts buried there. It's a matter of time before someone trying to plant a shrub ends up three streets down after clanking a UXB with a shovel.

To be fair, a UXB going off would improve the place :)

Is it completely safe or not?............ I've read loads of stuff and still can't conclude anything..........It smacks of " what a good idea " and at the same time " lets make a load of dosh and fuck the consequences:"................... Anyone got the real answer ?

Okay then,
what are the real risks with fracking? I have spent about an hour reading a few articles online (not sure how vested the authors intentions are) - for me I cant see major risks, certainly no more than coal mining of old?? Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Okay then,
what are the real risks with fracking? I have spent about an hour reading a few articles online (not such how vested the authors intentions are) - for me I cant see major risks, certainly no more than coal mining of old?? Am I missing something?
You could get in the way of a van when protesting ?

I too struggle understanding the actuslmproven risks
with clear independently collated data rather than spun views we may be able to have a clearer view

because of the mess and devastation each of them sites is going to create.

I take it you're all for it?

I just don't see the mess and detestation you're talking about. The modern sites I've seen are pretty compact and clean.

You like being in control, it's a major factor in your position with Brexit.

Wouldn't you prefer us to be in control of our own gas supply rather than relying on the Russians as we do now?

I just don't see the mess and detestation you're talking about. The modern sites I've seen are pretty compact and clean.

You like being in control, it's a major factor in your position with Brexit.

Wouldn't you prefer us to be in control of our own gas supply rather than relying on the Russians as we do now?
You think fracking is clean and compact?

Fuck off.

https://www.foe.co.uk/fracking-lancashire/fracking-facts

Look, we all know that you don't give a shit about anyone other than yourself, but many people could be directly affected by this. Even if you took out the actual way in which the gas/oil is extracted (which appears to be a risky business) then the reality of rural areas suddenly being over run by transport vehicles and plant machinery is life changing for a lot of people. Your life revolves around personal cash, the people affected by this may have other values in their lives.

Look, we all know that you don't give a shit about anyone other than yourself, but many people could be directly affected by this. Even if you took out the actual way in which the gas/oil is extracted (which appears to be a risky business) then the reality of rural areas suddenly being over run by transport vehicles and plant machinery is life changing for a lot of people. Your life revolves around personal cash, the people affected by this may have other values in their lives.

If you look at the map of Lancashires MPs and the fracking map, it seem like more people wanted fracking than didn't. It was the Tory government that overturned the LCC decision to refuse permission to frack. But they still voted in Tory MPs to represent them, what can you do!

Just Fuck off, you're not interested in discussing facts, just throwing insults and trying to prove that you're right. Ha fucking ha.

Btw, I was given a really nice start to the weekend today. I was given notice that my job is ending and I've been given 3 months notice. If I don't find another job I'll be out of work just in time for Christmas.

The reason for my job disappearing is Brexit. I hope you're pleased with yourself, now just do one.