PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Fracking

MJB;n3411399 said:
Not just Cuadrilla word but the BGS also. And other experienced scientists.

Keep on banging your drum for Climate Change and all the floods, drought, famine, destruction, mass human migration and wars that will cause. I'm sure your children and grandchildren will thank you.

Baldygit;n3410842 said:
Earthquakes of this and higher magnitudes are daily occurences in areas of the UK where no fracking takes place. I'm not saying fracking is not without its dangers but post like this are scaremongering

The point is not the scale of the latest tremor. Its surely the causal link between the drilling and the sudden new onset of much disturbance where previously there was none. And whether the land will remain affected longer term long after the drillers have moved on to another populated area to bugger up.

26-0;n3411453 said:
Keep on banging your drum for Climate Change and all the floods, drought, famine, destruction, mass human migration and wars that will cause. I'm sure your children and grandchildren will thank you.

#hyperbole

Ineos founder Jim Ratcliffe must be spewing with his stupid decision to invest £150million in Fracking in the UK now it's finally clear to him the industry's a dead duck.

Having said that he's the richest man in the country and so it's probably like most of us losing tuppence.

Hats off to all those who've stood up against this dirty, polluting industry in favour of a future for the generations to come.

Ineos founder Jim Ratcliffe must be spewing with his stupid decision to invest £150million in Fracking in the UK now it's finally clear to him the industry's a dead duck.

Having said that he's the richest man in the country and so it's probably like most of us losing tuppence.

Hats off to all those who've stood up against this dirty, polluting industry in favour of a future for the generations to come.

No idea if you ( and the protestors ) are correct but if you are then................................... Excellent. :)

Why, if there's no risk and all the fears are baseless?

90k per day for the fracking rig ? The thing about the multiple tremors is that it can indicate a geological fault where they are fracking and a fault means fracking fluid can travel up under pressure through the fault and get into the aquifer.. And then get into the water supply.

Cuadrilla maintain that the geology is stable and no major faults exist in the vicinity but this wasn't the case with the other wells they drilled and what some geologist are saying is the whole Flyde is riddled with faults.

90k per day for the fracking rig ? The thing about the multiple tremors is that it can indicate a geological fault where they are fracking and a fault means fracking fluid can travel up under pressure through the fault and get into the aquifer.. And then get into the water supply.

Cuadrilla maintain that the geology is stable and no major faults exist in the vicinity but this wasn't the case with the other wells they drilled and what some geologist are saying is the whole Flyde is riddled with faults.

I've read allsorts about fracking and still can't come up with an opinion..... So i'll have to stick with " if in doubt don't do it ".............

Cuadrilla want to increase the limits for tremors to above the government set 0.5 magnitude. They couldn't care less ,imo, and will try and fudge the issue to get the increase ,they only want the money. Hopefully they will fail.

Cuadrilla want to increase the limits for tremors to above the government set 0.5 magnitude. They couldn't care less ,imo, and will try and fudge the issue to get the increase ,they only want the money. Hopefully they will fail.

I've had an epiphany ........ Kick em out of the fylde and give cuadrilla a license to frak all the way along the length of the proposed H2 railway line............. Give us all a bloody laugh.

I've had an epiphany ........ Kick em out of the fylde and give cuadrilla a license to frak all the way along the length of the proposed H2 railway line............. Give us all a bloody laugh.
Imagine if they found shale gas in the Home Counties

See how long before the Tories overturn that

It's actually been refused by the Tory minister.

Refused on the grounds of traffic issues but I suspect they realise at last how utterly irresponsible it is for them to be promoting new and very controversial and devisive fossil fuel industries as the devastating effects of climate change ramp up and are clear for all to see. A massive vote loser if they continue to support it.

Some good news for the environment as Natasha Engels, the government's (pro-Fracking) Fracking Commisioner resigns claiming environmental protection rules are strangling the industry.

Her caim that Fracking is a good way to reduce the country's carbon emissions shows just how far off the mark on Climate Change issues our current government are. Unbelievable!