PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Frankie explains Sinclair & Murphy situations

I'd play (when fit)
Iverson
Olosunde Bauer Sepp Earl/Hughes
Whiteman McCann Ledson
Barky Riis Sinclair/Murphy

Maybe you can afford one "luxury" player on one side if the other side has someone who is a bit more defensively minded. In the past we had players like Sedgewick on one wing to balance out a more out and out winger on the other.
Well actually I've always thought we'd suit a 4-1-4-1.
Iverson
McCann
Barky Whiteman Johnson Sinclair/Murphy
Riis

I'd play (when fit)
Iverson
Whiteman McCann Ledson

Maybe you can afford one "luxury" player on one side if the other side has someone who is a bit more defensively minded. In the past we had players like Sedgewick on one wing to balance out a more out and out winger on the other.

Luxury?

I'd settle for someone who actually has and is allowed to show some attacking intent.

I'd play (when fit)
Iverson
Whiteman McCann Ledson

I’d probably have Greg ahead of Earl as a left back and DJ over Ledson but it already looks more positive

We'll disagree here...Sedgewick was like Rankine, severely underated as part of the " machine".... I feel the same way about Barky but unfortunately we don't have a " machine" anymore.. :)
We'll disagree again, rankine was absolutely brilliant so don't say he was like sedge 😉

(I get the point and why he's admired btw, but I still feel the fact there's a mindset of 'every team needs a sedge' for example I don't like cause just attack and go for it)

We'll disagree here...Sedgewick was like Rankine, severely underated as part of the " machine".... I feel the same way about Barky but unfortunately we don't have a " machine" anymore.. :)
We do. It’s just broken down in the corner and the maintenance won’t use the tools at his disposal to try and fix it, instead using the incorrect tools and hoping they do the job

We do. It’s just broken down in the corner and the maintenance won’t use the tools at his disposal to try and fix it, instead using the incorrect tools and hoping they do the job

If you see a machine that's just being administered wrongly James then it's fixable.... Hope you're right pal.

I'd play (when fit)
Iverson
Whiteman McCann Ledson

How does he make it onto the list? Hasn't even kicked a football in anger this season. At this stage I'm not actually sure he even exists.

Rafferty has him limitations but at least we know them. This guy will be a complete enigma

How does he make it onto the list? Hasn't even kicked a football in anger this season. At this stage I'm not actually sure he even exists.

Rafferty has him limitations but at least we know them. This guy will be a complete enigma

Better the devil you know isn't a great way to pick a football team.

Rafferty is crap. Olosunde might not be. Sepp is definitely better.