PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Frankie McAvoy

He comes across very well indeed and also seems genuine , if he continues to install confidence in the players then he may indeed give PR / TH food for thought - early days no doubt but been impressed with the way he has conducted himself 👍

Frankie is certainly coming across very well in interviews and he comes across as a breath of fresh air.

He may not end up with the job but he seems like a very credible bloke to have around the club and understand why he is well liked.

Should he pick up another couple or more wins will certainly give Peter and the Owner a tough decision.

I'm normally a bit of an old cynic with interviews like these, always assuming that what's being said is for the cameras. I've got to admit though, FM really got me fired up there, 2 more wins and he should be nailed on to be first choice for the job. Its been such a long time since the man in the hotseat spoke in a way that really made me feel proud of the club.

Keep it up Frankie, long may it continue!

Really warming to Frank. I see a man whose enjoying his new role and the opportunity he's been given

Loving the FM passion been sadly missing for a few years!
He seems to be trying to have an affinity with the fans but far more importantly he knows it’s an honour being PNE manager. So far so good, hope he continues to stake his claim.

Obsession with the way other teams set up to begin with and Neil not focussing on our own strengths, followed by signing a lucrative contract, perhaps on the basis of being misled by TH & PR as to investment in the squad. If he wasn't promised additional funds, he should have known better than to expect them, if he was I have some sympathy. Either way he clearly spat his dummy out, made little attempt to win football matches and provided the supporters with the worst style of football in living memory and I include some pretty shit managers in that.
Neil clearly wanted out and became poisonous towards the owners, supporters and players over the past few months.

Without question there is a good manager in there but it's overridden by a sulky egotistical, brat. Yes I'm sure he will go on and achieve things at other clubs and a few on here will say "oh look at Alex Neil at XYZ FC, we should of stuck with him, we would have got to the Premier League under him. They are to blind to see the only division he was taking us to was League 1, mainly because he didn't want to be here and he didn't give a shit how many people he pissed off letting them know.

I'm not saying FM is Pep or Klopp, but in two games he has taken a 4 points from the runaway leaders and 4th place, playing some decent stuff. The Neil backers who said we were a mid table league 1 side with the players we had and could only play hoof ball with the players at Neil's disposal, look pretty stupid now and the last performance, the best of the season IMHO was without the big 5, who Neil had at his disposal until Christmas and still played absolutely garbage football.
Post of the season, bloody good on you.

FM said it best when he espoused ''show your pride in the jersey'' that's what was missing, the simple thanks for the opportunity, a club with such history, we are blessed to follow those that have gone before........#proudtobeanorthender

I'm normally a bit of an old cynic with interviews like these, always assuming that what's being said is for the cameras. I've got to admit though, FM really got me fired up there, 2 more wins and he should be nailed on to be first choice for the job. Its been such a long time since the man in the hotseat spoke in a way that really made me feel proud of the club.

Keep it up Frankie, long may it continue!
For someone who has spent most of his career out of the limelight, he certainly speaks well and seems quite at ease with the media.

It's interesting that he's from the same small town as Neil - Bellshill, about 10 miles from Glasgow. There must be something in the water up there, because for a town with a population of just over 20,000, it has produced a remarkable number of 'notables', including:

Malky Mackay
Brian McClair
Sir Matt Busby
Mike Denness
John Reid (former Labour Home Sec.)
Robin Cook (former Labour Foreign Sec.)
Sheena Easton
...and the bands Teenage Fanclub and the Soup Dragons

Alex Neil is listed, but not - as yet - Frankie McAvoy.

He does speak very well in the press, even in written word there is a sense of calm around FM, I'm really warming to him.

What he has said here about Whiteman is very interesting too...

Not getting too excited about Frankie yet as we're only two games in but it's pretty clear the shackles are off, the players seem to be enjoying each others company and training again and looks like a real clean slate for everyone.

I liked Alex Neil and I think @pbc373 makes a good point about the football we were playing, but I'd say that against Norwich I didn't think we played well at all but when FM changed it to 352 and threw caution to the wind with his final 3 changes, we got that bit of luck in the 95th minute that completely deserted us under AN. Sometimes you make your own luck in life and whilst there was a stroke of luck in the goal, the Swansea game was a domination and reminiscent of a Preston team at the start of 17/18. Completely relentless and dominant whilst maintaining excellent tactical discipline.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game and these last half dozen. Got to say, he's given us a spark back for sure.

Obsession with the way other teams set up to begin with and Neil not focussing on our own strengths, followed by signing a lucrative contract, perhaps on the basis of being misled by TH & PR as to investment in the squad. If he wasn't promised additional funds, he should have known better than to expect them, if he was I have some sympathy. Either way he clearly spat his dummy out, made little attempt to win football matches and provided the supporters with the worst style of football in living memory and I include some pretty shit managers in that.
Neil clearly wanted out and became poisonous towards the owners, supporters and players over the past few months.

Without question there is a good manager in there but it's overridden by a sulky egotistical, brat. Yes I'm sure he will go on and achieve things at other clubs and a few on here will say "oh look at Alex Neil at XYZ FC, we should of stuck with him, we would have got to the Premier League under him. They are to blind to see the only division he was taking us to was League 1, mainly because he didn't want to be here and he didn't give a shit how many people he pissed off letting them know.

I'm not saying FM is Pep or Klopp, but in two games he has taken a 4 points from the runaway leaders and 4th place, playing some decent stuff. The Neil backers who said we were a mid table league 1 side with the players we had and could only play hoof ball with the players at Neil's disposal, look pretty stupid now and the last performance, the best of the season IMHO was without the big 5, who Neil had at his disposal until Christmas and still played absolutely garbage football.

This is all spot on. The use of 2 up front has taken a lot of pressure on our back four and given opponents something to actually think about in both games. There was so much fear about Neil in the final months. Fear of young players not doing it, fear of the opposition, fear of taking the game to the opposition. His whole reign has made me wonder whether three and a half years at one club with budget constraints is helpful for anybody.

I think Frankie is no idiot. He knows TH calls the shots, he knows TH has paid a lot for Riis and Whiteman, he knows they need to be playing. Expect Bayliss to feature before the season is out, mark my words.