PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Freddie Flintoff 4th Child......

I have only been to Lords once , 1996 ish Lancs v Northants B&H cup...

what a fantastic occasion , what a great ground.....

I am due to go on June 27th for England v Windies test match - sadly that won’t happen now
Just had a look at that game on Youtube. 50 over game and Lancs got 245. Northants to win the game had to score more than any other team in the history of the competition batting second. How things change. You're not safe with 350 these days

First cricket match I ever went to was England v W Indies, last day of a test at Headingly in '76. Tony Gregg and Alan Knott had both made tons to keep England in it, but they ended up bowled out by mid afternoon on that last day. Was great to be able to see that terrific Windies side in the flesh.

I have only been to Lords once , 1996 ish Lancs v Northants B&H cup...

what a fantastic occasion , what a great ground.....

I am due to go on June 27th for England v Windies test match - sadly that won’t happen now

My tickets are for the 25th I think.

It’s my favourite sporting venue. Have been spoiled by living down here for 25 years.

We’re moving to NI on the condition that I’m still going to Lord’s at least once a year!

It’s my favourite sporting venue. Have been spoiled by living down here for 25 years.

We’re moving to NI on the condition that I’m still going to Lord’s at least once a year!

I was at the Lancashire v Sussex final at Lords

There's been a few of them over the years. Vaguely remember us getting battered in a semi final at Hove too many moons ago

Think I'll read too. Through a friend of a friend of Sutton Me and the Mrs ended up at a Mark Chilton benefit event in The Point. Sports and Music quiz and an auction. Quiz Masters and Auctioneers were The Inspiral Carpets. Sounds bizarre but was a cracking evening

Swapping the South of England for the North of Ireland? You'll probably be able to buy a Castle or some sort of Stately Home won't you?

Regards R2, Sara Cox, who initially took over from Evans as an interim, was superb. Very funny, warm and down to earth. Not listened to ZB so I can't comment.
What are BBC radio thinking of persisting with Zoe Ball.? She is rubbish. Even more irritating than those two on Strictly.

Probably right there to be fair. Will have a go at that too. Troubled soul
Aye, didn't he cause the big fall out at Somerset with Botham, Richards and Garner? Though to be fair, a few now say Botham was stirring things a bit and spitting his dummy out.

Aye, didn't he cause the big fall out at Somerset with Botham, Richards and Garner? Though to be fair, a few now say Botham was stirring things a bit and spitting his dummy out.

The book suggests it probably wasn't his idea to sack off Garner and Richards but didn't do anything to stop it.

Roebuck would have known that Botham would follow them out of the door.

Roebuck liked Big Bird but he was on his last legs and only played about another ten games.

Not any more I suspect.

Re cricket books, I’ve just read Chasing Shadows about the life and death of Peter Roebuck. It’s fascinating.
Peter Roebuck was a dour opener / number 3 bat as I recall.... blonde hair and very intellectual looking.

I don’t think he ever made it to international level did he ??