PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

• We have been advised by our hosts there will be a period of downtime between 20:00 - 23:00 BST on Friday 14th June for server improvements.

PNE Online and PNE Flags will be unavailable for various periods during this time.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

CONFIRMED Freddie Woodman Signs (3 Year Contract).

I disagree with that reading - although that's an area where Craig has also tried being slippery in the past, saying "the family has spent five or six times [the amount they intended investing in Ingol] on the club since planning was granted", as if the two things were equivalent.

But Craig told us only 6 months ago that selling a player would free up more transfer funds.

If that policy has now changed, and transfer fees recouped will be spent on e.g. fixing the roof instead, then the club needs to clarify that through one of its Club Updates.
I was thinking more in terms of the wages really - thats by far the biggest expenditure (most years) and whilst the Hemmings are putting money in it means that they aren't taking money out. Transfer fees have always been "reinvested" - just that mostly this is largely less visible (i.e. not on transfer fees for replacement players)

I wouldn't be surprised if Iversen is available permanently in the summer
I watched some of the cup match vs Rovers & whilst he's a top shot stopper he's awful with his feet. That will hold him back at PL level for sure so can see him moving on. He's still class & I'd have him back if FW leaves.

Can see why FW is getting interest. Hes good all round & decent with his feet & made some great saves for us.

Sell FW for a healthy profit to LC & get DI back on the cheap on a permanent. I could deffo get behind that. Don't think the lack of ability with his feet would be as much an issue in championship than PL.

I was thinking more in terms of the wages really - thats by far the biggest expenditure (most years) and whilst the Hemmings are putting money in it means that they aren't taking money out. Transfer fees have always been "reinvested" - just that mostly this is largely less visible (i.e. not on transfer fees for replacement players)
That's not the way it has generally worked - we have tended to only spend on transfer fees if we have recently recouped on transfer fees. Our spending on fees going back years balances almost exactly with our transfer fee income. At our current point in the cycle, we need some fee income before we can pay a fee, otherwise it'll be another summer of freebies.

Wages are a separate story, and currently on a downward trend as the senior squad is shrunk down - and Woodman leaving (or someone else commanding a fee) would free up wages anyway.

For all the piss taking, Grimshaw at Blackpool is actually decent and has been weirdly mismanaged. Must be some behind the scenes stuff.

I'd take Lee Nicholls too despite a lack of resale value. Very solid keeper.

I agree. If he had been with one of the bigger clubs in the Championship (Middlesborough, Burnley, Norwich, Stoke) his value would probably be around 8-10m.
rangers clearly think Preston are easing pickings. Which galls me and says something about the owners. A good goalkeeper on this division should be far more than the £3.5m suggested. Especially given the length of his contract left.

Well, would you look at that - when you see a fairly young player who's proven at your level but not able to get in their current side and manage to get them tied down for a few years, it turns out you can get a decent return on your investment if they perform as they should.

If he does go, I can't wait for all of the money that we receive for him to be pumped straight back into the playing squad.

Grimmy would fucking love to come to us
Come on Peter...

images

Can anyone explain why we're thinking of selling one of only two of our 8/10 players? We can't even get the RWB we desperately need, so how easy do we think filling that vacancy is going to be?
Because we aren’t down at 6 yet, assuming max 5 loanees can play.