PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Fresh Poll: Lowe in/out?

Ryan Lowe?

• Lowe in

Votes: 125 15.9%
  • Lowe out

Votes: 660 84.1%

• Total voters
An idiot thats bluffing the clubs best start to a season in how many years?

Bluffing the clean sheet record start of last season

Bluffing being 2 points of play offs

Yes. Exactly that.

Bluffing promotions at previous clubs.

One of which went bankrupt due to the massive overspend on players and wages after their promotion . Not due to Lowe, but he inherited that squad.

The other was promoted under Covid rules so did not fulfil the complete L2 season.

A fan out out of touch with reality? Yes a really good example.

So the 600+ above are " out of touch " too?..... You seem to believe/suggest that they are as daft as the Leicester plonker, which is the point that you continue to defend...

I'll defend PNE all day long but I'm buggered if I'll defend two employees ( Ridsdale and Lowe ) who have been shown/proven to be incompetent on numerous occasions.

An idiot thats bluffing the clubs best start to a season in how many years?

Bluffing the clean sheet record start of last season

I don't want to get into minutiae about what is and isn't bluffing. But I can see why someone would think that considering we've only kept four or five clean sheets this season. Why haven't we kept that defensive solidity since?

So the 600+ above are " out of touch " too?..... You seem to believe/suggest that they are as daft as the Leicester plonker, which is the point that you continue to defend...

I'll defend PNE all day long but I'm buggered if I'll defend two employees ( Ridsdale and Lowe ) who have been shown/proven to be incompetent on numerous occasions.
I’d suggest that the majority of the 600+ voters voted the way they did down to emotions after a loss / personal issue with Lowe as opposed to rational thinking behind what Is achievable with our resources. But that is the way of a football fan isn’t it?

I think Lowe is doing a reasonable job, you say he should be doing better with the resources at hand, but he’s doing better than managers below us with better resources.

I’d suggest that the majority of the 600+ voters voted the way they did down to emotions after a loss / personal issue with Lowe as opposed to rational thinking behind what Is achievable with our resources. But that is the way of a football fan isn’t it?

I think Lowe is doing a reasonable job, you say he should be doing better with the resources at hand, but he’s doing better than managers below us with better resources.

Which other PNE managers have spent circa £4,000,000 in one transfer window?

Which is why your stance is skewed and upside down and inside out.

Which other PNE managers have spent circa £4,000,000 in one transfer window?
A lot of clubs/managers do that season after season at this level doesn’t mean instant success does it?

Which is why your stance is skewed and upside down and inside out.
And yours is warped

Speaking for my own part, I know that's not true for my vote
That’s completely fair, but I do think the majority of votes come in or even change when emotions are running high after a match.

think Lowe is doing a reasonable job, you say he should be doing better with the resources at hand, but he’s doing better than managers below us with better resources.
Tends to be my way of thinking as well.
Excellent start, shit period, better period.
Two points from the Play Offs.
Ignore the personal stuff about Lowe, most would have settled for this position at this stage of the season before a ball was kicked.

So 600+ voted out after an emotional loss. Surely then 600+ should, under your theory, vote in after the last couple of wins yet over 90% still want him out. I'm one of those 90% and will change my vote when Lowe proves he has listened and learnt. I wont hold my breath

I’d suggest that the majority of the 600+ voters voted the way they did down to emotions after a loss / personal issue with Lowe as opposed to rational thinking behind what Is achievable with our resources.

For what it's worth, I voted out for a number of reasons:
- I think he hasn't used the squad to the best of their abilities. It's frustrating that we've only just seen two up front with Mads behind, when this is something a lot of us were calling out for earlier.
- I don't think his substitutions are effective (we can all predict them at this point)
- I don't see a coherent style of play forming. Our underlying numbers show a side that's defensively weak (goals conceded, clean sheets etc) and not creative (low xG etc). I don't think it's a sustainable.
- I don't think he has the tactical capacity to respond to changes in the game (he didn't respond well to Ipswich for example).
- I think he failed to build on that great start. I don't it's reasonable to suggest we should be slugging it with the top four, but to drop out of the play offs hasn't been great.
- I believe there are better options out there, although options are getting more limited as time goes on.

There are things others have said I have been sympathetic to (e.g. his misleading statements about attacking football) but I am personally not bothered by (I get part of being a manager is having to "sell" to fans and potential future players).

I've maintained the best thing to happen for us is for him to turn around our form so we don't have to pay him up and search for a new manager etc. However if after a couple of wins I change my vote to having him in, I'd be just as emotional and overreactive as you are suggesting. I'm open to changing my mind, but our successes under Lowe tend to come in mild streaks than anything consistent. I would like to see some consistency first.

Tends to be my way of thinking as well.
Excellent start, shit period, better period.
Two points from the Play Offs.
Ignore the personal stuff about Lowe, most would have settled for this position at this stage of the season before a ball was kicked.
Hand on your heart. Do you believe we will even threaten finishing in the top 6?

I don't, even with the current close proximity I think realistically we're miles off it. The form is all over the shop, we're just not consistently good enough in both results and performances.

Agree with the personal stuff agenda, it's unnecessary.

Hand on your heart. Do you believe we will even threaten finishing in the top 6?

I don't, even with the current close proximity I think realistically we're miles off it. The form is all over the shop, we're just not consistently good enough in both results and performances.

We're two thirds of the way into the season and are we are in the table so who's to say we won't be somewhere similar at the end of it?
OK, I wouldn’t put my mortgage on it as we do have a habit of dropping off in the latter stages but atm, Lowe is doing no worse and better than most managers post Billy Davies yet you'd think he'd just got us back to back relegations.

Which other PNE managers have not brought in a single player during one transfer window?

He was backed in the summer can’t argue with that. But as usual with the club one good transfer window is usually followed by a transfer window of shit.
They couldn’t spend due to Covid and ffp

That gets written off end of the season so next year will be the test to see where we are heading

This is why I'm being cautious about our recent form. Although we're now 2 points off the playoffs with 4 teams in the way; a couple games ago we were 5 points off with 6 teams we had to overtake. Over 19 games, we went from 1st down to 14th. We've seen a recent uptick but I have to question how sustainable it is. What happens if Mads gets injured or the opposition start to suss him out? It just feels like a decent run of form. For us to get into the playoffs, we have to sustain it for the next 15 games (especially because of our goal difference).