PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Friend!

Disgusting. The man is a blatant cheat. An absolute disgrace. Free kick was marginal that they scored from. Pearson was flattened by Barton. Definite penalty on Beckford. It is hard being a ref but this guy is just bent!

I hate to have a go at refs because their job is difficult.

But I turely believe Friend is guilty of intentionally influencing the result

He was no different to any other ref. Got some stuff right and some stuff wrong. We've had worse.

Last edited:
Thought he was weak, repeatedly conned by burnley players going down, missed a lot of fouls and didn't do anything about their gamemanship.

A complete cockwomble. Thought he was right not to give us a penalty but other than that he was fucking woeful - giving Burnley free kicks for absolutely nothing and the amount of yellow cards dished out was ridiculous and needless (for both sides).

Disgusting. The man is a blatant cheat. An absolute disgrace. Free kick was marginal that they scored from. Pearson was flattened by Barton. Definite penalty on Beckford. It is hard being a ref but this guy is just bent!

Agree entirely.

How he got the fixture given his previous history is a disgrace.

Ruined the game and it'sxabout time North End stopped letting the FA walk all over them.

What next? Trevor fucking Kettle in the playoffs next season?

We are waaay too nice as a club and paid the price tonight :(

I don't understand how or why he is allowed to ref this fixture following the Billy Jones incident.

In his own words, "The crowd got to me that night and I cocked up".

He was then dropped for 4 games and relegated from the Championship. Again, these were his own words.

He was certainly garbage tonight. He piled a pillion on his ossa of confusion by, on a couple of rare occasions, either giving us a silly decision after 10 bad ones against us or booking one of their players such that the booking of Joey did not look like the act of someone studying architecture when they're supposed to be refereeing a game of football. Christ on a bike.
But in the penalty decision, he really nailed his colours to the mast - and there wasn't the slightest hint of white in it.

Some decisions you can excuse him for but not sending Barton off was wrong as good a player he is week after week refs seem frightened to punish him

How he was given the fixture last night is just unbelievable. He gave Burnley literally the softest free-kicks he could and when he finally gave us a decision it felt like we had scored! Bet him and Dyche had a good word together after the game.

I couldn't believe it when I read he'd been appointed. Didn't realise he'd also reffed the game at turf Moor this season where we won. But he didn't fail to disappoint yet again. Softest free kick ever for their goal, virtually all 50-50s going to Burnley. Linesman should have helped him with the Pearson and Beckford (penalty) surely?

Listening to the commentators on Sky Sports last night (when I got home) they claimed it wasn't a penalty! They said Barton eased Beckford off the ball!!! It was a definite penalty, Barton pushed Beckford off the ball to get to get to it and you are supposed to go for the ball first and not the player, they bloody make it up as they go along. Saying thaT, it was a fair result and true reflection of the game.

Listening to the commentators on Sky Sports last night (when I got home) they claimed it wasn't a penalty! They said Barton eased Beckford off the ball!!! It was a definite penalty, Barton pushed Beckford off the ball to get to get to it and you are supposed to go for the ball first and not the player, they bloody make it up as they go along. Saying thaT, it was a fair result and true reflection of the game.

To be fair Burnley did deserve the win.