Full Backs

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
How many of our youth players have you seen play? You've said it yourself you only watch the first team if they are on sky so I find it highly doubtful you have seen any of them.

Especially when you consider that most of those names mentioned will have hardly been seen by the likes of Llanroc and Sports Rehab who watch a lot of our youth games

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
You are one prize pillock.

You tried giving it billy big bollocks to Sports Rehab with the Youth Team comment when everyone knows that you know the sq root of fuck about them in reality. He called you out on it and I added an amusing but truthful comment.

Stick to the MDT with your silly childish images, there's a good lad.

Telling someone who regularly watches the Youth Team "hope this helps" in a condescending way is why you're a prize pillock.

I didn't try giving anything, he questioned me with attitude I answered. Then you tried to act big AGAIN to look good. Now you go find where I cut and Pasted from. Good luck.

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Staff member
Patron
I didn't try giving anything, he questioned me with attitude I answered. Then you tried to act big AGAIN to look good. Now you go find where I cut and Pasted from. Good luck.
I haven't acted big at all.

I simply replied to what I perceived to be a simpleton revealing, by dubious means, to be the font of all youth team knowledge.

Now, seeing as you don't watch the youth team, it would be fair of myself to suggest that you will then know nothing of the players, let alone their names but you amaze everyone with not only their names but also multiple positions, in some cases, that they play in!!

Forgive me for suggesting that Cut and Paste was being used in full effect in that post.

My humblest apology.

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
I haven't acted big at all.

I simply replied to what I perceived to be a simpleton revealing, by dubious means, to be the font of all youth team knowledge.

Now, seeing as you don't watch the youth team, it would be fair of myself to suggest that you will then know nothing of the players, let alone their names but you amaze everyone with not only their names but also multiple positions, in some cases, that they play in!!

Forgive me for suggesting that Cut and Paste was being used in full effect in that post.

My humblest apology.
Wasn't used at all. I have a list of players that I use for the Matchday thread so I try not to spell their names wrong. They listed at what rolls they've played in as seen on Twitter. The point I was originally making in replying to the OP was that we have Right Backs and Centre back in the Youth. Granted not all will be their natural positions, but they have played there and with a sheer lack of players through injury and suspension, and based on last night which I did get to see some of via a link sent to me, they can't be as bad. Things have to change, put some hunger into the side, because as good as we made Blackburn look another team, IE Norwich, Bournemouth playing like that will hammer us.

So back on topic, I would use the youth. However, I'd expect a change in attitude from the players for the weekend. If not then it would need more than a management change to sort this out.

We all have opinions, some right some wrong.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Wasn't used at all. I have a list of players that I use for the Matchday thread so I try not to spell their names wrong. They listed at what rolls they've played in as seen on Twitter. The point I was originally making in replying to the OP was that we have Right Backs and Centre back in the Youth. Granted not all will be their natural positions, but they have played there and with a sheer lack of players through injury and suspension, and based on last night which I did get to see some of via a link sent to me, they can't be as bad. Things have to change, put some hunger into the side, because as good as we made Blackburn look another team, IE Norwich, Bournemouth playing like that will hammer us.

So back on topic, I would use the youth. However, I'd expect a change in attitude from the players for the weekend. If not then it would need more than a management change to sort this out.

We all have opinions, some right some wrong.
Literally the definition of cut and paste.

Suggesting that players that have barely played a youth game should be anywhere near our match day squad in any situation other than complete necessity is ridiculous.

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
Literally the definition of cut and paste.

Suggesting that players that have barely played a youth game should be anywhere near our match day squad in any situation other than complete necessity is ridiculous.
Are we not at Complete necessity now, isn't that what the post is about?

And Cut and Paste is a computer term, you can't cut and paste from hand written notes. If you can please share, because I still often spell Barkhuizens name wrong

Baldygit

Forum Patron
Patron
I guess the players will be queueing up to play in defence on Saturday but I have some good news for them - AT will only play them there if they are really forwards/attackers so he has someone to blame for the massacre other than himself

sports rehab

Advisor to the Owner
the complete necessity cant possibly include kids who were in school 5 months ago and who have only been training at Uclan for a few months....

Had we kept Lewi Earl or Lincoln MacFayden then 'possibly risk them'.....but not when we have 10 men....

Korol

Football Expert
Patron
Had Rafferty brought him down earlier in the play he would only have been booked. Players don't get sent off for hacking someone or shirt pulling on the half way line.

The problem was Rafferty was too slow and blowing out of his arse after about four yards.

Regardless it was shite defending.
He would have been sent off even if it was further from goal as he was still the last man.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
the complete necessity cant possibly include kids who were in school 5 months ago and who have only been training at Uclan for a few months....

Had we kept Lewi Earl or Lincoln MacFayden then 'possibly risk them'.....but not when we have 10 men....
Would you bring any of the youth players, including the 3 on the bench, into the starting line up?

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron

I agree, but unfortunately I do feel thats the situation. Sure we both agree getting rid of the Under 23's is back to haunt us already? Forget the insult of Dolan Scoring, we don't have the lads to call on. We are were we are, no matter our Opinions, we are in the shite. And if anyone has the solution to get us out of it, that will work. Please send your CV addressed to the Riddler.

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
you dont know that, often they arent, would have been the better option even if he was,
Of course it would've been the better option to bring him down earlier, because it wouldn't have been a penalty.

But it still would have been a red card as he was the last man and there was no way of him making a genuine attempt for the ball.

Simply Sage

First Team
Had Rafferty brought him down earlier in the play he would only have been booked. Players don't get sent off for hacking someone or shirt pulling on the half way line.

The problem was Rafferty was too slow and blowing out of his arse after about four yards.

Regardless it was shite defending.
...and if (when they were both on the halfway line) Rafferty had the benefit of seeing how the passage of played ended - like you have - he would probably agree with you. But if players made decisions to professionally foul as early as that - they would be sent off quite a few times a season.

In real time, Rafferty has to take a decision at what point does he sacrifice himself with a professional foul - knowing he will go off. If you watch the footage he tries to pull him back about 10 yards outside the box but couldn't get a grip on him. The attacker eventually hits the deck when he knows he's made it into the 18 yard box. The attacher was already moving at pace which meant he got a half yard star. Rafferty stayed with the attacker all the way but could not make up that half a yard advantage over the distance so I don't think he was slow.

So, what I'm saying is - on the topical subject of Balls in players shorts - one ball players don't have in their shorts is a crystal one. He did try to bring him down when it was obvious (in real time) that's what he had to do.

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
Watching that again, the only chance he had was a lunging tackle or a pull down as soon as they came together.

After that, he's up against a 6'4 speedster and was never gonna do much.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Or not at all and see if Rudd can save it and keep 11 men on the pitch.

Yes we have the benefit of hindsight and I don't want to single out one player because they where all dog shit but its piss poor defending.
Not for the first time this season either.

Nothing against the lad personally but he isnt cut out for this level

sports rehab

Advisor to the Owner
Would you bring any of the youth players, including the 3 on the bench, into the starting line up?
I would have brought Adam O'Reilly on for DJ at 2 nil as at least he would have run around and looked to make tackles...

I wouldnt have thrown Jacob or Lewis on when down to10 men whilst more senior players are on the bench.

Would I start any at Watford? probably not YT lads.....mabe Coulton had he been back playing for a few months.